Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Finished taper 15 months ago from Estazolom (lack of windows ?)

[9c...]

[9c...]

Hi,

I finished my taper 15 months ago. I am concerned because I'm still doing so poorly. I had a lot of really bad symptoms on and off up until 5 1/2 months, where I felt pretty good (not all the way good, but pretty good), and then at 7 months every thing got bad again. And for the last 8 months I've had this pressure in my head every waking moment.

Beside the constant pressure in my head, my sleep is also off and on, no motivation, no joy. At around 11 months I had one day where I felt joy, but the pressure and other symptoms were still there. Next day, back to no Joy. Then at 13 months, I had one day of joy, but still had other symptoms. Those are the only windows I've had. So my question is, does this mean recovery is a long way off? I don't seem to be having windows and waves like most describe. I seem to be in a constant 8 month wave (?) of head pressure and other symptoms. Is it possible this will just lift altogether, or do I have to wait for windows and waves to come more regularly before I can expect recovery? Thanks for reading. I've been truly feeling like I'm never going to get better. Losing hope.

The one thing I forgot was that the head pressure that I've had for 8 months every minute of the day, has been lessening a bit over time. The lessening is VERY gradual and small, but it has diminished some, but a lot is still there. But when it lessens, it stays lessened and the pressure doesn't go back up again. So I guess this is a good sign. Hope this makes sense.

Hello Wsunshine, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I know what you mean about windows, I only had one that I can remember and it lasted just moments and wondered why I didn't but it's just this process, it's not the same for any two people.  You've been at this a long time, I can see why you're feeling discouraged.

It's good to know you're feeling a lessening of the head pressure, however slight, I'm sure it's a relief to know something is going in the right direction anyway.

What benzo were you on and for how long and at what dose?  This information might help us help you figure out how long this will take but no one really knows, we can't seem to predict much about these drugs.

If you'd like to connect with others going through what you are, you're welcome to post on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board, we have many members who are hurting just as you are.

We're glad you found us, don't lose hope, so many have healed and you can too.

Pamster