Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Keep moving forward intro.

[Ke...]

I was on 0.5mg of Xanax for 14 years!  My doctor had no idea how to safely take me off.  I found a nurse practitioner who crossed me over to 10mg Diazapam in July, 2019.  I have tapered very slowly and am at 0.5mg  of Diazapam.  I plan to discontinue use on June 1, 2020.  I am so happy to be almost free of this little pill, but have some fear about withdrawal upon discontinuation.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Glad you found us! You have been doing a great job by crossing over from Xanax to a longer acting benzodiazepine such as Diazepam and your plan of slow taper sounds good. To get help with your taper you could look into BenzoBuddies Withdrawal Support (during your taper) forum where you can ask questions and also share your experiences  with others. The best way to relieve your worries is to get more information about benzodiazepines and how to withdraw from them. The Ashton Manual is a great source of information regarding benzodiazepines, written by Dr. Heather Ashton and expert on the field. Information helps to prepare yourself regarding what to expect and how to deal with symptoms might occur. Not everyone experiences withdrawal symptoms and those who do they might be mild and transient, there is no reason to be scared.