Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

A tough Morning

[Jo...]

:o We are such warriors. Committed to our tapers. Knowing that each day might be hard. Knowing that this personal battle may not be understood by those we love. And yet, we move forward, a step at a time, a cut at a time. In my case, this has been a 2 year crusade. I am aiming to jump at the end of August. I am keeping my eyes on the prize, looking past the morning terrors, the dizziness, the tight chest, the palpitations, the stomach churning.....this cut brings me to 2 mg. From 40 mg. It is hard to believe. 

This morning I find that I need a little encouragement.  I apologize straight up  for being desperate today. My emotions are overwhelming me.  I woke up so tightly wound, so nervous I could hardly think. My nose started running and, yet again, I thought, "do I have COVID?" Then, my muscles in my chest tighten up. I fear a heart attack. And the internal shaking reminds me that tapering ain't for sissies.

So if you have time to just share with me that mornings are rough for you? That you distract yourself.  What you do to beat morning jitters/terrors? I would appreciate it, and you, very much.

Shakingly, Joy :)

Hi Joy, I tremor often in the mornings too. After cuts, I can tremor all day. Mostly internal...sometimes both. Tapering ain’t for sissies, and you are not alone!

Yes, mornings are my worst time. It's been that way for a few years and I never realized I was having interdose withdrawals. Finally, I figured it out. The weird thing is that for the most part, my general feelings of withdrawal are better now that I'm over halfway though my taper. Maybe it's because I have less of the drugs in my system. However, mornings are still tough. I wake up with my heart pounding and full of fear. It helps if I get up and do yoga or something positive. It's worse if I ruminate on everything or go down the rabbit hole of complaining about doctors, why did this happen to me etc. It's also worse about two weeks after a cut and then it levels out again. You are doing great! Your taper is steady and you are nearly there!

hi joy

I hope you are well I have at last got down to 2 ml of Valium and I Am going through a hell I did not go to before but I believe this will pass my plan was to be free end of august but this bump has put me on hold and I Am happy and sad but I would have given anything to be Where I am now and reading about others I count my blessings I am new to the morning feeling just 9 days I have been suffering the first few were feeling sick and I would get up from the bed and get busy but no matter what I did I still felt sick and also in the day between 1 pm and 2 pm I would have to go to sleep that is one thing my sleep has been very good I take herbal tablets to help me sleep can't swear on that but hey it seems to work so I'm not knocking it I always kept track of my feelings and would tweak things to try to make them better but I also find the mornings and days have become a little better just the one thing I notice is I cant be bothered to do much I go to do a lot make a mess and do nothing would you keep in touch or keep writing on here with more or you experience as i would wish to know also how you are when you reach your goal all the best and truck on you warrior

That’s great advice SRR!

Joy, don’t ever feel like you need to apologize, that’s what we’re here for! :smitten:

Mornings are terrible for me as well.  Some mornings I wake up feeling good (good as it gets right now anyway) & by the time I get up to brush my teeth or take my dog out whoosh! here comes the am cortisol rush!  Things that have helped me is setting a morning routine and try my best to follow it which includes; stretching even just a little bit, drink a glass of water, wash my face, eat!!!! (It brings your blood sugar up, even if it’s just some fruit or crackers), meditate/pray, journal and more importantly try to stay off social media as long as possible.

I hope this helps & you’re so right, this ain’t for sissies!

Much healing,

PP :-*

Congrats on getting this far! You're awesome!!

I'm also tapering down from equivalent of 40mg Valium and currently on 3.5mg. You're a bit ahead of me  ;).

Mornings are the worst for me too, although I struggle more with depression in the mornings, and then anxiety around noon/afternoons which often leads to crying and so on.

I did find that forcing myself to go for a walk in the morning did seem to help a bit. I would burn out some of the depression and anxiety and would be more regular tired (which is way better). Have you tried this?

:thumbsup: such amazing moral support!  I am grateful for your sharing, and suggestions.  I like the idea of a "no matter what" morning routine. Because here we are, we have lived to fight another day. If I were to implement a morning routine, I could count on that predictable sequence. Good luck with today's skirmishes and battles. It will be so wonderful when we take our victory laps. Thank you all again for providing a virtual shoulder. I needed it badly. :smitten: