Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My benzo story

[Ti...]

I became ill and spent many years trying to find out what was wrong with me. I never could find a diagnosis and became so ill and full of chronic nerve pain that i could no longer get out of bed and lost my job, health insurance, home, spouse, family and friends. I am an Air Force veteran so i ended up going to the VA. After being there for about eight months they took me off of the xanax that i had been taking daily, as prescribed for over twenty years, cold turkey. I ended up in several ER visits, two detoxes and three pysch stays were i was misdiagnosed and polydrugged. I have been benzo free for almost three years and still very ill; home bound, unable to work. Your site is how i came to understand what was happening to me after the cold turkey. I have been on the site before but have not registered until now. I would like to thank everyone at benzobuddies; you saved my life.

[28...]

Hello tigerlily and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We are glad you found us and want to join!  Goodness me, stopping someone from benzos cold turkey is cruel.  I am sorry to hear that and to hear you continue to have health problems.  I assume from your introduction that at least some of it is related to benzo use?  Maybe you could clear that up for us and let us know what sort of symptoms you are having.

I've given you a link to the post-withdrawl recovery support group which is below:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

It sounds as if you have already looked around this website but you may see things with fresh eyes now that you are a member.  When you feel ready, you can start a thread.  Let us know how we can help you.

Again, a warm welcome to you.  Best,

Kate

Welcome back to BenzoBuddies tigerlily!

So sorry for your struggles! If you are already familiar with BenzoBuddies you must know that you are not alone as many members share your experiences by being misdiagnosed and poly drugged, or forced to abruptly discontinue their benzodiazepines. An explanation regarding what is going on in our brain is comforting read as it helps to understand how our brain deals with the consequences of benzodiazepine use What's happening inside your brain Please share your thoughts and experiences with BenzoBuddies! Very much hope your symptoms improve over time.

Tigerlilly: I am so sorry. I'm glad you found this site.

I too have been polydrugged in the past. I was physically almost unable to walk, super weak, fatigued, with no mental clarity, and other increasing symptoms, then came across this site and realized it was my benzos (as well as recovering from AD's). This saved my life too.

Make yourself at home here! Lots of supportive people who can relate to your journey for sure.  :thumbsup:

I became ill and spent many years trying to find out what was wrong with me. I never could find a diagnosis and became so ill and full of chronic nerve pain that i could no longer get out of bed and lost my job, health insurance, home, spouse, family and friends. I am an Air Force veteran so i ended up going to the VA. After being there for about eight months they took me off of the xanax that i had been taking daily, as prescribed for over twenty years, cold turkey. I ended up in several ER visits, two detoxes and three pysch stays were i was misdiagnosed and polydrugged. I have been benzo free for almost three years and still very ill; home bound, unable to work. Your site is how i came to understand what was happening to me after the cold turkey. I have been on the site before but have not registered until now. I would like to thank everyone at benzobuddies; you saved my life.

Holy cow! What a story! You're the poster child for determination and fight :)