Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Xanax Withdrawal - Abdominal Tightness

[Be...]

Guys  :idiot: this starting to being confusing.

I tapered from 0.5mg alprazolam in 4 weeks. Had hard time with my muscles since 2 weeks of last dose but I somehow could manage. It started to being better 2 days ago and I was so happy but suddenly yesterday evening I got sudden horrible abdominal pain with needless stabbing. Something similiar to gastric flu. It subsidude after some time but last now through day. It's first time pain in these area happened during withdrawal. I believe it's related benzo 'cause nothing changed in my diet since then. Hot shower helped a bit because it really feels like inner muscles of abdominal is  tightened. Day before I had singing session so I used a lot of these mucles. Does it mean body can't now adjust after these little "workout"?

Hello, I can tell you that with Xanax and then during my Valium crossover and subsequent taper, internal vibrating, shaking, pain, and cramping were part of some of my days. As you taper, you might find symptoms waxing and waning, disappearing,  reappearing and new ones developing. What you describe is on Ashton's list of sx. Try not to worry.