Brain fog insomnia

[Ri...]

Hi everyone. I use benzo's for more than 20 years. The last years not high dosages. Bromazepam 5mg daily, zopiclon 2 or times a week. Ten years ago I got brain fog. That's very problematic. Bad concentratrion and a weird fieling in my head. By diet (low carb high fat) i get less brain fog, happily :-). But I have also a energie/sleep-problem. I think that's because I always feel some sort of stress. It's difficult to get deep sleep. I'am searching for solutions to get deeper sleep. I don't know or stopping with benzo's help me.  Sometimes I think my nervous sytem is irreversible out of normal functioning. I hope that I can find tips at this forum for total getting rid of brain fog and to sleep better.

Hi Rick1234! Welcome to BenzoBuddies. Here we are supporting those who are looking for information on the sadly bad side effects of using benzos and helping people get off of them safely.

Benzos definitely cause "brain fog", and in addition can cause sleep problems (even though many are prescribed them to help with sleep!). I believe the medication is mostly likely causing your symptoms.

Here are some links you may find helpful. the works of Dr. Ashton explain the harm of benzos, how to safely taper, and what to expect during the wd/recovery process.

The Ashton Manual

Here is another should you be considering getting off the meds:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Browse around the site and get familiar. If you have any other question feel free to ask and one of us will be happy to answer you  ;)

Hi Rick,

The brainfog i exactly what brought me here where people assured me this was associated with the use of benzos. this immediately brought some relief that i would recover. you can recover too but it will take time and the timeline is different for everyone.

i used to take benzos for stress and sleep. i have been an insomniac for as long as i can remember. these days, i will use Dreamwater for sleep when i struggle. other than that i dont take anything. some people use antihistamines such as benadryl but i dont like the way it makes me feel. you may want to look into it as an alternative

good luck and happy reading. keep coming back to the board