Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My worst enemy in this is me and my thoughts

[19...]

[19...]

Today I have to push myself to do what is the most scary thing I know...

I am gonna go away from home this is scary too. Going to the beach with our dog. I am gonna leave my comfort zone  :sick:

Go away as a passenger in a car. It starts right away I sit down in the car. I ger claustrophobia panic bc it is too much stimuli. Starts to shake, wanna jump out from the car in high speed. god I am gonna die today going crazyand jump out of the car this is my worst fear feel terror atm....panic :o

How to deal with fears and phobia like this? The stimuli is not possible to do something about but I really need to see something else than my home and live a little. I am outside every day for hours and this works just fine. Take long walks or work in the garden etc but never leave with a car to go somewhere else.

Too much over stimuli while start right away  in a car. Hgh speed makes my brain lose my sanity my ocd both thoughts and action becomes severe. I am crazy then, no logic at all I feel really dangerous.

:o :o

[19...]

I did it and it went really good. Was on the beach for 3 hours. And the car ride was not easy very scary but I did it!  :angel:

So proud of myself!

Today I have to push myself to do what is the most scary thing I know...

I am gonna go away from home this is scary too. Going to the beach with our dog. I am gonna leave my comfort zone  :sick:

Go away as a passenger in a car. It starts right away I sit down in the car. I ger claustrophobia panic bc it is too much stimuli. Starts to shake, wanna jump out from the car in high speed. god I am gonna die today going crazyand jump out of the car this is my worst fear feel terror atm....panic :o

How to deal with fears and phobia like this? The stimuli is not possible to do something about but I really need to see something else than my home and live a little. I am outside every day for hours and this works just fine. Take long walks or work in the garden etc but never leave with a car to go somewhere else.

Too much over stimuli while start right away  in a car. Hgh speed makes my brain lose my sanity my ocd both thoughts and action becomes severe. I am crazy then, no logic at all I feel really dangerous.

:o :o

Do you have any strategies at your disposal to help you cope with this challenge? I hope you you can work through it and come out the other side feeling reassured that you got through it successfully. Best of luck to you, Sundance. Please let us know how it worked out for you.

I did it and it went really good. Was on the beach for 3 hours. And the car ride was not easy very scary but I did it!  :angel:

So proud of myself!

That's so great, Sundance! So happy for you! Congratulations! Was there anything you did in particular to help you get through the drive?

I'm seriously happy for you that you did it!

Perhaps, slowly, in doses, you could maybe do it again and again. retrain your brain to realize you are "safe", and maybe grow accustomed to the stimuli?

Only a suggestion...you will obviously know what is right for you.

:smitten:

[19...]

So proud of myself!

That's so great, Sundance! So happy for you! Congratulations! Was there anything you did in particular to help you get through the drive?

I said loud to myself I had done this so many times. Its only thoughts. It felt strange in my head I got really lightheaded and it felt strange in my stomach. Was really scared. But it worked but it was not easy. I thought it will pass this is my phobia of be stucked in the car. I will keep doing this. It lifted after a while the weird stimuli thing. Better than I thought. I am.so happy I did it

Dont know what I did than forced myself.

[19...]

I'm seriously happy for you that you did it!

Perhaps, slowly, in doses, you could maybe do it again and again. retrain your brain to realize you are "safe", and maybe grow accustomed to the stimuli?

Only a suggestion...you will obviously know what is right for you.

:smitten:

Yes! I think so to! Thank you for your post :smitten:

Good for you!  And thank you for posting.  I also am experiencing agoraphobic like symptoms.  What use to be something I enjoy, going for a jog, working in the garden, causes so much fear.

"Feel the fear and do it anyway"

Keep it up!!