Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help...quick question!

[Be...]

I'm tapering off 1mg xanax (7 years) and having a bad spell dropping from .71mg to .63mg this week (really foggy and tinnitus).  I originally took the xanax as prescriber for sleep 1mg at night.  Should I spit this .63mg into two doses? :-\  I noticed when I woke up in the middle of night last night, my tinnitus and brain fog were much lower.  Maybe breaking up into two doses would help even me out until the next taper?  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

When able I like to spread my dosage out as much as possible to keep the blood level as steady as possible.  I would think breaking it up into two dosages might be better.

I'm in the middle of a taper off of xanax. I have divided my doses for years because of interdose withdrawals. If you do that you will probably feel some side effects at first, but once you get used to it, you may find it helps. I am on four doses a day and am cutting off of those doses rather than just eliminating a dose. It does seem to make it level out somewhat but I still have plenty of side effects. All normal ones though.

Thanks.  I cut my does in half last two days (before I go to sleep and when I wake up)...felt liek I felt a bit less foggy and anxious yesterday, but today is crap again.  It's been 5 days...my last drops have cleared up by now...I'm getting worried and need to function.  How long would it take you to level out between drops? 

When able I like to spread my dosage out as much as possible to keep the blood level as steady as possible.  I would think breaking it up into two dosages might be better.

Hi,

Why were you switched to lorazepam like that? Did it put you in withdrawl?

How has your taper been fir you?

My sig needs updating, I'm currently on both X & Kpin & I'm having what I think is Derealization. Pretty tolerant to kpin, not Xanax, not sure what's going on with me or what to do about it. I posted about it in withdrawl support if you ever care to look.

Interested as you were high kpin for so long & you crossed fast like me, but I only crossed half of my klonopin for equal doses half Xanax. Xanax is more effective & used to be less side effects, but now, don't know.

Sorry ramble

Take care

SC

Hi,

My sig needs updating, I'm currently on both X & Kpin & I'm having what I think is Derealization. Pretty tolerant to kpin, not Xanax, not sure what's going on with me or what to do about it. I posted about it in withdrawl support if you ever care to look.

Interested as you were high kpin for so long & you crossed fast like me, but I only crossed half of my klonopin for equal doses half Xanax. Xanax is more effective & used to be less side effects, but now, don't know.

Sorry ramble

Take care

SC

Hey, yeah I was switched by a psychologist and I didn't question it.  I didn't realize I was having a severe withdrawal but I realize it was that now.  I mean Klonopin is two times as strong as Ativan and the guy cut the dose too.  It was a bad year or two.  I was in bad shape mentally and physically.  I ended up landing in bed for about a year after forcing myself to function for about 6-8 months. 

As far as my current taper, it's been brutal for me.  I am experiencing everything from my previous experience with some new things.  But I am down over 80%.  I kind of play a sick game with myself now.  I challenge myself to see iow much I can take.  Might as well reframe how you think about it all.

Hi,

Sorry ramble

Take care

SC

Sorry I didn't respond to everything you said.  I just learned about the quote function too 😁.  I think derealization/depersonalization is pretty common.  I have it.  I feel like I am in a dream state. I don't have to much experience with Xanax.  I did abuse it a little bit when I was in highschool.  You didn't ramble either, it was pretty clear.  Klonopin is a pretty heavy drug. I understand you wanting to get off it.  It definitely was a lot more powerful than Ativan in my opinion. 

Hi,

Sorry ramble

Take care

SC

Hey, yeah I was switched by a psychologist and I didn't question it.  I didn't realize I was having a severe withdrawal but I realize it was that now.  I mean Klonopin is two times as strong as Ativan and the guy cut the dose too.  It was a bad year or two.  I was in bad shape mentally and physically.  I ended up landing in bed for about a year after forcing myself to function for about 6-8 months. 

As far as my current taper, it's been brutal for me.  I am experiencing everything from my previous experience with some new things.  But I am down over 80%.  I kind of play a sick game with myself now.  I challenge myself to see iow much I can take.  Might as well reframe how you think about it all.

Cly,

Oh wow! Sorry to hear you were put through all of that. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

I didn't realize that about the strength difference. Boy..

Congrats on all the progress you've made.

Lol, re quote. Yes, I was going to ask & then I saw your reply that you have depersonalization/Derealization, too? Did your dp/dr start when psychologist switched you to ativan? Mind me asking, do you have visual distortions with your dp/dr? Feel emotionally/cognitively disconnected from other people, places, & things? Is it 24/7 for you? I don't think I have dp, yet...

Xanax is supposed to be equal to klonopin dose for dose, but, as apposed to klonopin, it has a very short half life...I've been struggling to taper klonopin for awhile. Think in hot water, now with the visual distortions that I suppose are a part of the Derealization.

Hope you're feeling better soon

SC

Hi,

Sorry ramble

Take care

SC

Cly,

Oh wow! Sorry to hear you were put through all of that. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Lol, re quote. Yes, I was going to ask & then I saw your reply that you have depersonalization/Derealization, too? Did your dp/dr start when psychologist switched you to ativan? Mind me asking, do you have visual distortions with your dp/dr? Feel emotionally/cognitively disconnected from other people, places, & things? Is it 24/7 for you? I don't think I have dp, yet...

Xanax is supposed to be equal to klonopin dose for dose, but, as apposed to klonopin, it has a very short half life...I've been struggling to taper klonopin for awhile. Think in hot water, now with the visual distortions that I suppose are a part of the Derealization.

SC

Yes, I had visual distortions when switched to ativan.  I am having them again with this taper.  It's like everything is hazy and looks strange. But in some ways it looks cool too. Especially when I watch something like a sunset. But I also get migraines and light sensitivity. And I had dp/dr  and again have it now.  Yes I feel very disconnected most of the time.  Almost like I am just here watching the show.  I have trouble talking to friends and getting anything out.  It's like I have mental and emotional constipation.  Yeah it's been pretty constant, but I noticed I feel clearer for a couple days after each taper and it gets all heywire again.  It also depends on how I am feeling physically.  Distraction and exercise help if you are able to.  It clears your head a bit.  Klonopin is a tough one.  I am kind of glad I got off that the way I did.  How is the LDN working for you?  That stuff always give me a strong reaction, I have had trouble sticking to it.

Thanks.  I cut my does in half last two days (before I go to sleep and when I wake up)...felt liek I felt a bit less foggy and anxious yesterday, but today is crap again.  It's been 5 days...my last drops have cleared up by now...I'm getting worried and need to function.  How long would it take you to level out between drops?

It takes me a week, usually. That's not to say I don't still get side effects. I have them all the time but they get more manageable and I have more windows where I feel functional.

Hi,

Sorry ramble

Take care

SC

Cly,

SC

Yes, I had visual distortions when switched to ativan.  I am having them again with this taper.  It's like everything is hazy and looks strange. But in some ways it looks cool too. Especially when I watch something like a sunset. But I also get migraines and light sensitivity. And I had dp/dr  and again have it now.  Yes I feel very disconnected most of the time.  Almost like I am just here watching the show.  I have trouble talking to friends and getting anything out.  It's like I have mental and emotional constipation.  Yeah it's been pretty constant, but I noticed I feel clearer for a couple days after each taper and it gets all heywire again.  It also depends on how I am feeling physically.  Distraction and exercise help if you are able to.  It clears your head a bit.  Klonopin is a tough one.  I am kind of glad I got off that the way I did.  How is the LDN working for you?  That stuff always give me a strong reaction, I have had trouble sticking to it.

Thanks cly,

Yes, things can look pretty sometimes, but I just want to feel normal. I've a lonG  way to go, so I don't want to stay dr with visual disturbances a second longer. Yes, probably good you're off the kpin. IMO. Sorry you're suffering too. Thanks for tips

I had to spit a dosage like that of klonopin due to severe nightmares.  I actually had to awaken at 3 am and take a small amount because every night at 4 am I started having horrific nightmares.  So I would say try it.