Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

NEED A BUDDY, ENCOURAGEMENT, SUPPORT!

[ki...]

Hello,

This is my 1st time posting. I’m looking for support from anyone who is currently going through PAWS or has fully healed. I’m currently 2.5 months off klonopin. I’ve been battling this for 7 years! I’m currently in a tx program. I’m finding that it’s more stressful than helpful. No one there understands this and Im too sick to explain what is going on with me. But I don’t really have a choice at this point. I have difficulty speaking( terrible social anxiety) so being in a group where you are pressured to talk is very difficult. I’m looking for any support or encouragement. I think connecting with someone that can relate to what I’m currently going through can be helpful. Thank you! 🙂

Hi kitty,

Good to see you again, can you tell us a little more about what you're going through?  You're currently in a sober living facility and no one understands what you're going through?  The same thing happened to me, I went to a detox facility and they gave me 2 doses of Klonopin and said I was going to join the general population the next day to learn the steps.  I was so sick I knew I couldn't do it so I left AMA.  That started my cold turkey and a nightmare you're probably very familiar with.

Everyone here can relate to what you're feeling, no one joins BenzoBuddies because they're having an easy time of it, so just keep reaching out for support, this is what we do. 

We can provide some information for you to show your counselors about what you're going through, so let us know if we can help you with that.  It's important they understand that it can take months and even years to recover from benzo's, I hope they're willing to learn. 

Pamster

Hi Pamster,

Thank you for responding. I’m usually very proactive in educating people about BENZOS but I just can’t seem to do it right now because my brain is so messed up. I’m in a sober living with 5 other women. I go to the program from 8:30 to 3. After that I walk over 2 hours a day because I need space. I’m with people all day and all night!  Then I jog for a half an hour and do a little work out. I’m not liking the AA thing at all. I think it’s a complete waste of time. I have to attend 5 meetings a week and have a sponsor. Everyone here is really into it. I hate it. I’m starting to volunteer at a horse facility in June. Hopefully doing something more active instead of sitting in a group talking about your feelings all day would help. I love animals. I haven’t seen my cat since February! I had to file for disability in November because I was so sick and could not work. I was also dx with Lyme disease. I’ve had every tx you could think of. Neurofeedback, EMDR, ketamine therapy, you name it! IM SICK OF THERAPY. I WOULD LOVE SOME INFO TO GIVE TO MY TX CENTER. I just can’t seem to put it into words.

IM CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING THE FOLLOWING:

DP/DR

EXTREME ANXIETY

AKATHESIA

PAIN

UNCONTROLLABLE MUSCLE MOVEMENTS

PARANOIA

OBSESSIVE WORRYING

RAGE

INABILITY TO PROCESS INFO

IRRATIONAL FEAR

FREQUENT URINATION