Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is there anyone I can talk to please?

[Da...]

Yes, what symptoms are you having?

I myself have been tapering from Clonazepam. I've had minor effects, possibly my first intense ones this morning (vomiting)

I can talk. What's bothering you? You may want to share what's going on and how you are tapering and the amount. If it helps, a lot of us have withdrawal symptoms while going off of benzos. I certainly do.

Clonazepam is a very strong benzo, I wasn't able to taper from it.  What might sound like a small reduction might not be so small when considering the potency of this drug.

Let us know exactly where you are at this point so we can help.  What dose are you at now?  What is your taper plan?

Keep posting, we'll do our best to help and support you through this challenging time.

PG  :smitten:

[87...]

Sadly, we're not set up to do one-on-ones.  There are times it would be nice to talk, but it's just not feasible.  So we talk with our fingers. 

I found a therapist during my withdrawal/recovery.  It WAS good to talk/vent to somebody who understood (at least to some degree).

Clonazepam is a very strong benzo, I wasn't able to taper from it.  What might sound like a small reduction might not be so small when considering the potency of this drug.

Let us know exactly where you are at this point so we can help.  What dose are you at now?  What is your taper plan?

Keep posting, we'll do our best to help and support you through this challenging time.

I am currently at 1.5mg cutting .5mg every month or so.

Today is my 4th day being on 1.5mg I'm worried about delirium tremens. Everyone has told me clonazepam withdrawals peak at 2 weeks so i can't imagine feeling anxiety worse than this.

Hi Daniel

You’re cutting far too much.  .5 mgs clonazepam is equivalent to 10 mgs of valium.  The number sounds small but the dose is large. 

You’re best to keep your reductions to 10%.  Then hold 10 days.  The 10% is from whatever is your current dose, not the start dose.  Slow way down.    Follow your symptoms.

When symptoms aren’t terrible, you’ll cope and no need to updose.  The goal is to get benzo free.  Right now, you’re suffering.  You can updose, stabilize and then begin your taper again.  It will take some days to stabilize.

To get 10%?reductions, you’ll need a compounded prescription.  It’s not possible to split pills accurately that small.

This means you need patience and acceptance that tapering takes time.  It also means you keep your withdrawal symptoms in the manageable zone.  The brain needs time to catch up.  It can’t heal that fast. 

You will heal.  But no sense being tormented all the way down.

You’ll feel better soon, then take your time and plan your taper. 

I agree with Healing64 and I also have experience trying to cut large amounts when I was on clonazepam.

Please do slow your taper down, the percentage, as mentioned is based on the present dose not the dose you started with.

It is even possible to go slower than 10%. Listen to your body, adjust the rate if necessary. Benzo withdrawal is not a race, slow and steady is the way to go.

I can talk. What's bothering you? You may want to share what's going on and how you are tapering and the amount. If it helps, a lot of us have withdrawal symptoms while going off of benzos. I certainly do.

Currently I'm feeling a very heavy depression. My sense of time is off as if I smoked weed. I'm really dreading these symptoms because the first time I ever tried to quit I felt like this and it was really bad. Any idea when it will start to lessen?

[87...]

It's impossible to know when symptoms will end after a cut.  Some people can kind of base it on how long it's taken after previous cuts, but there's no guarantee.

The time/reality distortion is common.  Like everything else, it will get better in time.  I agree that your cuts are large - almost like doing a c/t each cut.  That's gotta be rough.  Kudos for getting this far, but you might want to slow down the taper rate.

Hi Daniel

How’s today?

Cannabis can have an opposite effect to what you hope for.

Many people experience panic from thc.  Even if it felt good in the past.  This is because your liver enzymes that process thc also manage the benzo.  Things can go sideways there.  Your body will slow down processing the benzo, and then your brain reads this as more benzo in the system than expected.  So, your brain experiences a kind of too much and not enough pattern.  Like an updose and then a sudden drop. 

Something to consider if you’re using weed to feel better. 

Hi Daniel

How’s today?

Many people experience panic from thc.  Even if it felt good in the past.  This is because your liver enzymes that process thc also manage the benzo.  Things can go sideways there.  Your body will slow down processing the benzo, and then your brain reads this as more benzo in the system than expected.  So, your brain experiences a kind of too much and not enough pattern.  Like an updose and then a sudden drop. 

I haven't smoked weed in years. Today I felt better than yesterday anxiety wise. However i have really bad acid reflux now. Some diarrhea. Cramping in the area between stomach and chest.I feel so bloated. Earlier I was having what I can only describe as super depression. I've been depressed before in my life but this was something else. Well I hqve experienced it before and that was when I tried to cold turkey 1mg clonazepam in my early teen years. I felt like I was going to be depressed for the rest of my life and there was nothing I could to about it. If I had one word to describe it it would be "demonic". Thankfully it was short lived.

Benzo belly is a very common withdrawal symptom.  When I had stomach issues during withdrawal I would brew up a batch of ginger tea to sip on throughout the day. It really helped me. You can purchase ginger tea bags but I chose to make my own by chopping up fresh ginger, simmering it for a while and then straining it. The flavor and potency was much better.

Hi;  I just cut from 2mg Xanax once a day to 1.5 separated in 3 equal doses.  Finally got ahold of my dr., she said I dropped to much, but not to go back now.  Also feeling uncomfortable, but I felt pretty crappy before too.  Keep posting, i am new here but will do my best to support.

I feel like I'm going insane today. Had caffeine in the morning and magnesium earlier. I noticed today that half of my 1mg pill that I took was smaller than the others.

[87...]

I feel like I'm going insane today. Had caffeine in the morning and magnesium earlier. I noticed today that half of my 1mg pill that I took was smaller than the others.

Be careful with the caffeine.  I definitely don't recommend 5 cups a day.  Most people stop drinking it entirely.  I had one cup in the morning and it would definitely rev me up a bit. 

Be careful with the caffeine.  I definitely don't recommend 5 cups a day.  Most people stop drinking it entirely.  I had one cup in the morning and it would definitely rev me up a bit.

I had about half a Rockstar.

[87...]

What can I expect if I completely reinstate. I am so anxious.

It's a crap shoot.  Sometimes, people feel better, but sometimes the reinstatement just doesn't work.  I think it's a pretty big hit for the brain/body to stop then start so abruptly.

I know it's tough, but I'd invite you to not reinstate.  This acute phase that you're in is pretty terrible, but it eventually ends.  What are you doing to distract?

Consider stopping caffeine altogether to see if it helps.  Half a can of that stuff is 80 to 120 mg of caffeine depending on which version you drink.  I know that caffeine added to my anxiety.  It also added to my clarity which is why I continued drinking it (since I was working).

Ugh! I feel your pain!!!!!! Just read a book called _This Boy_ by Lauren Myracle that made me feel seen, heard, and understood. Was an autobiographical story about an eighteen-year-old struggling with benzos and then benzo withdrawal and feeling SO ALONE. If you're a reader, and want distraction, give it a shot? Beautiful Boy by David Sheff is a good one, too, but without as much of a happy ending.

Sadly, we're not set up to do one-on-ones.  There are times it would be nice to talk, but it's just not feasible.  So we talk with our fingers. 

I found a therapist during my withdrawal/recovery.  It WAS good to talk/vent to somebody who understood (at least to some degree).

Hi badsocref,

Was wondering if you'd mind taking a look at my posts in withdrawal support? I Havnt had any mod contact since posting. Sorry my sig isn't current. I explain in my post. Will fix asap-struggling. Or if you Think there is another mod that might have insight. Having visual DR-tapering klonopin, holding x

Thanks

Hi Daniel

You’re cutting far too much.  .5 mgs clonazepam is equivalent to 10 mgs of valium.  The number sounds small but the dose is large. 

You’re best to keep your reductions to 10%.  Then hold 10 days.  The 10% is from whatever is your current dose, not the start dose.  Slow way down.    Follow your symptoms.

When symptoms aren’t terrible, you’ll cope and no need to updose.  The goal is to get benzo free.  Right now, you’re suffering.  You can updose, stabilize and then begin your taper again.  It will take some days to stabilize.

To get 10%?reductions, you’ll need a compounded prescription.  It’s not possible to split pills accurately that small.

This means you need patience and acceptance that tapering takes time.  It also means you keep your withdrawal symptoms in the manageable zone.  The brain needs time to catch up.  It can’t heal that fast. 

You will heal.  But no sense being tormented all the way down.

You’ll feel better soon, then take your time and plan your taper.

Hi healing,

Hate to dip in, but would appreciate if you could take a look at one of my post in withdrawl support section about Derealization, visual distortions. Need update sig. will ASAP, please forgive-I I tell in my post. I'm tapering klonopin & holding X. TIA

Scaredie

Hi Daniel

How’s today?

agreed. CBD helps with the shakes but the more THC something has, the worse i feel. i dont like the euphoria.

[87...]

Hi badsocref,

Was wondering if you'd mind taking a look at my posts in withdrawal support? I Havnt had any mod contact since posting. Sorry my sig isn't current. I explain in my post. Will fix asap-struggling. Or if you Think there is another mod that might have insight. Having visual DR-tapering klonopin, holding x

Thanks

It would be more useful if you'd send me a PM with a specific concern/question.