Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Every menstral cycle I have a wave for 3 days or so

[Mi...]

Hi,

It's been a year, and I am recovering and moving along but every menstral cycle I get a wave that is lesser than what I experienced back in the acute phase, but still kind of bad. I get irritable (I never had this issue pre withdrawal) I get dizzy especial when I wake up in the middle of the night. I'm always afraid the room is going to spin because it has 2 times in the last year. I get a REALLY bad headache, last month I had a very painful stiff neck for 3 days. I also get some slight inner tremors.

All of this happens either a day or so before of during my period. I don't take any medication at all. I can't take supplements at all. I'm one of those people that are sensitive. I don't drink alcohol, and I have no caffiene. I guess it's just part of this long journey. When does menstruation stop bringing on waves? Any advice?

I can totally relate... I have read posts where this eventually goes away.

Believing that will be for me too:)

I've suffered with this as well.Although, some months I m now much less affected so maybe

it is lessening.Its helped me to keep a chart so I know how bad the symptoms are each month,that way I can see it getting better.Other than than that ,I've found cold strips on the head can help with  headaches.They aren't going to take the pain totally away, but they can soothe things.I've heard of quite a few who have gone through withdrawal having this issue ,so know that you're by no means alone.

I get the 2 day headache every month at the exact same time..like freaking clockwork. It's super annoying. Never had it before. My other cycle issues during acute quit, so maybe this one will eventually?