Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

P450 test Cytochrome

[Mo...]

Hello everyone,

For those familiar with the cytochrome P450 test, will it provide accurate results if you are currently taking a benzo/SSRI or is it only for before starting them?

Thanks tons, cheers!

Monkeypig

Haven't done the test, but familiar with the p450 enzymes' affects on WD. Drug sensitive myself as are other family members so assume genetic issues.

Are you doing the DNA test to check for specific genes that affect the p450 system? Or is there another goal? If gene testing, then current WD should have no effect.

Haven't done the test, but familiar with the p450 enzymes' affects on WD. Drug sensitive myself as are other family members so assume genetic issues.

Are you doing the DNA test to check for specific genes that affect the p450 system? Or is there another goal? If gene testing, then current WD should have no effect.

Thanks hohot - I would like to know if what I am taking is affecting me negatively and giving me the 24/7 derealization so yes, checking to see if genes are the culprit.

Thanks for your reply - cheers!

If you have high sensitivities to smells in particular, it can imply low Molybdenum.  Mo is a trace mineral that is essential in humans for detoxification.  In rats, there is a link between Cytochrome p450 enzymes and Mo. Low levels depress the enzyme's synthesis. Found a human study but unfortunately all in Mandarin so can't comment on the findings. I have used Mo at 300micrograms/day for 60-90 day stretches and found it helpful. It is given this way for Candida protocols. Even WebMD lists its use for chemical sensitivities,

ABSTRACT

The potential involvement of sulfite, an obligatory intermediate in the metabolism of carbon disulfide (CS,) to sulfate, in CS,-induced hepatotoxicity in phenobarbital-pretreated rats was investigated. The activity of mitochondria1 sulfite oxidase, which is the primary route for the oxidation of sulfite to sulfate, was decreased 78% by a regimen consisting of a low molybdenum diet and drinking water supplemented with tungstate. These rats also had 30% less cytochrome P-450 than those maintained on the control regimen....

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/10915819109078645

Up to you about using it or not. I've written a lot about supplements Ive used on other posts. Check them out.  Good luck to you.