Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

frequent urination/hypoglycemia

[Ri...]

All I ever do is pee....like an extreme, abnormal amount of times a day. I feel awful if im not constantly drinking water or keeping my blood sugar up by eating frequently...mostly the water though. I chug and chug and chug all day and if I dont then I feel weak and cranky. This was a problem I had closer to my jump date that spanned a few months and then went away...now its back. Its really annoying. The only thing I can think of is that ive been eating gluten again. Can anyone relate to this? I thought I was done with this symptom. I had my blood sugar tested during my last bout with this in sep of 2019 and my a1C was 4.9 which is consistent with someone who doesnt have diabetes.. so unless since then I developed diabetes (which is unlikely) that isn't the cause. Any help would be appreciated as I am stressed out recently over this.

I had this... you are not alone.  It came back in waves.  Constantly urinating.  I have been clear of it since about month 8.  BUT this is the weird thing!  My son got a pretty bad concussion during the ski season and guess what resulted? Constant thirst and peeing.  We had him checked and his sodium was getting low but blood sugar was fine.  SO I am convinced it has to do with our brain injury and it will go away for you too.  Don't stress about it... it will go away!  My son is fine now too.

Excessive peeing and thirst is common with benzo wd, even though it looks like symptoms of diabetes.

It comes and goes with me, but the past few weeks I've had an insane craving for all things salty. I have never been a salt kind of person!

Ahhhh we are healing....