Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Lightheaded, faint feeling, shortness of breath, chest pain, nausea...anybody?

[Ho...]

17 months off and I still have the chest pain, lightheadedness, shortness of breath, feeling faint and nausea.  All the doctors I have seen don’t believe I have a cardiac issue. Does anybody get this while doing just moderate exercise or daily routines.  Just making dinner can put me into one of these spells. I have no tolerance for the sun or heat anymore either, although I’m always cold.

I’m afraid I’m just going to fall out and die one day....  I just feel like if I push myself I’ll have a heart attack or stroke!

Please help if you have any insight into this.

More than likely you have developed POTS.  I did too.  There are some medications for it ... I believe that you need to wear a pulse monitor for days to diagnose it properly (I could be wrong).  My Apple Watch has been very useful for helping me to recognize my accelerated pulse and take it easy rather than push through. My RESTing heart rate was as high as 80 BPM and would shoot up to 130 BPM from slight exertion.  Now I am comfortable at 64 BPM resting and max 110 BPM doing cardio.  Hang in there!

No insight, but similar Situation. Off for 20 months and been in a huge self induced setback for the last month becouse I took magnesium. My symtoms are 24/7 but lately Iv been having attacks again where they get worse suddenly and I panic. My chest gets VERY tight, body becomes lead, Feels like im going to tip over, short of breath, tachycardia. I was literally just in Target a few hours ago and had one but I tried to keep cool and it prevented the racing heart. I had pots for a bit but it was different and it happened when I stood up too fast.

More than likely you have developed POTS.  I did too.  There are some medications for it ... I believe that you need to wear a pulse monitor for days to diagnose it properly (I could be wrong).  My Apple Watch has been very useful for helping me to recognize my accelerated pulse and take it easy rather than push through. My RESTing heart rate was as high as 80 BPM and would shoot up to 130 BPM from slight exertion.  Now I am comfortable at 64 BPM resting and max 110 BPM doing cardio.  Hang in there!

Thank you for the reply Leslie!  I had POTS when I was in acute so I know what that feels like. This is different. I don’t get any tachycardia with this (anymore...I did at first because I would freak out about it).  My resting HR is in the mid 60’s and low 50’s during deep sleep according to my Apple Watch.  I get these “thumps” or “flutters” that take my breath away or make me cough at times. Sometimes I feel no heart inconsistencies, but I get lightheaded when exerting any physical effort. All the things they tell you to be afraid of for a potential heart attack. Yet the ER doctors and a cardiologist say it’s likely not my heart. I wore a holter monitor for 24 hours and had a stress test.  If this is truly still BWD it cruel and unusual! 

May we all get some relief soon!

No insight, but similar Situation. Off for 20 months and been in a huge self induced setback for the last month becouse I took magnesium. My symtoms are 24/7 but lately Iv been having attacks again where they get worse suddenly and I panic. My chest gets VERY tight, body becomes lead, Feels like im going to tip over, short of breath, tachycardia. I was literally just in Target a few hours ago and had one but I tried to keep cool and it prevented the racing heart. I had pots for a bit but it was different and it happened when I stood up too fast.

Thanks for the reply accused! I’m not having that currently (panic / tachycardia) but I know what you are experiencing.  I hope you get some relief soon!

Im 19 months off and i still have chest pains and the "thumps" you speak of. They are like a hard hiccup out of the blue. I also get chest pain and thumps with any exertion. I have had a complete heart exam, including a heart cath and my heart is fine. I was recently diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and the doc says that is what is causing my chest pain, but Im not so sure. I also had the lightheadedness for many months, but thankfully it has passed. Im holding on to hope that the chest pain and heart thumps will pass like all the other symptoms. You're not alone. Lets hang in there a while longer. I have confidence this too shall pass.

Take care,

Fp

Im 19 months off and i still have chest pains and the "thumps" you speak of. They are like a hard hiccup out of the blue. I also get chest pain and thumps with any exertion. I have had a complete heart exam, including a heart cath and my heart is fine. I was recently diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and the doc says that is what is causing my chest pain, but Im not so sure. I also had the lightheadedness for many months, but thankfully it has passed. Im holding on to hope that the chest pain and heart thumps will pass like all the other symptoms. You're not alone. Lets hang in there a while longer. I have confidence this too shall pass.

Take care,

Fp

Thank you for the reply Fp1984! I’m sorry you are still dealing with this too!

This is the reassurance I was hoping for! I too have had heart testing (Holter monitor, stress test, echocardiogram, EKG comparison) with no abnormalities. It’s just so hard sometimes to write this off as BWD when it feels like something else more serious. It could be the anxiety, but every day.?.?

Thanks again and I hope you get some relief soon!

I have all of this as each dose wears off - just getting to bathroom in hard.

Less light-headed that sort of feeling like heavy head, going to loose consciousness, brain shutting down

Do you have feeling like muscles all to heavy and dragging you down, head dragged into body, body into floor etc?

Yes I have ten ton anvil body symptom, the first time I had it was one of the nights that I parked my car in front of the hospital and was gonna sleep there all night. This was before I knew much about benzo withdrawal, in full blown ct acute, was very sick and scared. It hit me suddenly and as I lurched slowly towards the emergency room, I called 911 and told them i was right outside and that I wasn’t going to make it in the door. What a nightmare ......

I have had the feeling I was being compressed into the ground, like I weighed 600 lbs.  I don’t have that much anymore but I do have the ground coming up to meet me feeling, like being at sea or in an elevator.  Been kinda bad today, but that’s probably because I have been active.