Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Dumb question

[be...]

For administrator

Is there such thing as tapering too long? I’m gonna set up for a two year run off 1.5k

It's taken me almost two years to get off 1 mg xanax. I thought I was going to be done in 8 months. That didn't work.

If I finish when I'm supposed to (September 2020), it will be two months short of two years.  So, in my opinion and seeing how long it takes others to get off, two years definitely doesn't seem too long.  In fact, it could take longer, but that is totally okay.

Not a dumb question at all.

Complete recovery from benzodiazepine use takes a very long time for many if not most people. Most tapers are shorter than the time it takes to recover (in other words the brain/body healing does not keep up with the reductions in dose), so there are still symptoms when the taper is done.

People who do slower tapers generally seem to have fewer symptoms when they do complete their tapers.  Many people (I was certainly one of them) want off the drug as soon as they realize what it’s doing to them, but the rabbit doesn’t win this race, the turtle does.

So take your time...listen to your body’s signals.

About 1year for the last 1mg if valium.. -no regrets..

-So much for a “slow” 4mth taper that I first thought..!!

:)