Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ativan / Xanax withdrawal

[Ad...]

I started benzos October 2014 and almost immediately became dependent on them and have been trying to taper since. I started at .5mg Ativan and stayed around that for many years. I was able to taper down to a pretty low dose and was at .2mg this past November 2019 when I had a huge panic attack at work and updosed. This set me back so much and I think kindled me.  Since then I’ve had to updose so much to remain stable and it’s really been hard on me knowing all my progress went down the drain. I went from .2mg a day Ativan (almost free) to now almost 1.8mg. Never had to take that much in my life. I’m trying very hard to taper down safely and hopefully one day get back to where I was. I know this time is going to be Much harder but I’m trying my best .

Hello AdelinaRose, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I can tell how discouraged you are, I'm sorry you're facing this again.  I'm not surprised it took so much for you to feel stable again, I've seen this happen to many members, it takes a lot to bring us out of withdrawal.

We can help you do this, it will just take time and patience because it sounds like you need to go slowly in order to keep working.  Take a look at our Planning your taper (Taper Plans) board to see if you'd like to make changes to your last taper and when you feel like you need support, feel free to start a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board.

We're glad you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster