Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pain by sternum?

[be...]

I have pretty sharp pain directly below/behind my sternum, just to the left. It's been there since like October probably. At times it decreases in intensity, but it's pretty much always there. I wonder if I have an ulcer or something. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Hi benzapper,

Chest pain can be a withdrawal symptom.  You might want to do a search on BB - putting "chest pain" in quotes.

I had chest pain earlier in withdrawal.  It was really fed into my anxiety because of course I worried it was heart related especially because I also had palpitations related to anxiety.  I saw my PCP about it and even had an EKG  - all normal. 

I tend to be cautious and I think it's worth at least checking in with your doctor if you're concerned.

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

This doesn't really feel heart related, but it also doesn't feel like it's the bone or cartilage either. It feels like there is some organ screaming at me right below my sternum. I guess I better go get it checked out. Such a pain to do so, though.