Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking to taper off Xanax

[kk...]

I found this website through a blog. I am just looking for support from people who have gone through similar experiences. I have been Taking Xanax for about 2 months. I am on 3 mg a day. I will be seeing my old provider in help with the taper process. Xanax was helpful in the beginning but now it seems as though I just feel worse and worse the longer I take it. I just want to be off this medication.

[7f...]

Hello kkm39 and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Good to hear you've recognized that Xanax is no longer working for you and you want to taper off.  I hope your doctor will give you good support during this process.  I've put a link below to the taper planning forum where you can begin to gather ideas about what sort of taper you might want to try:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I've also included a link to the withdrawl support forum:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

You will indeed find members here who have experienced what you are going through.  Have a look around and get familiar with this site.  When you feel ready, you can begin a thread.

Best,

Kate