Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Zoplicone taper if possible on on it since in year

[ar...]

I was on amitryptilline for 2 years like 3 years ago and when I stopped taking it got a myriad of horrible withdrawal effects and did not reinstate so I needed to sleep and the psychiatrist put on zoplicone and I was on not since one year exactly I think I am geeltting different type of side eeffrcts form it o need to taper it as slowly as I can I need some guidance and I wonder what side effects did you get while on it and what side effects are you getting it I never increased my dose of 7.5mg thank you

[68...]

Hello armide and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Good decision to get off zoplicone and to taper off instead of quitting suddenly.  Your experience with amitriptyline sounds rough so it would be nice if you don't have a repeat of that!

You probably already know this, but zoplicone is not a benzodiazipine but is in a group called Z-drugs which can cause withdrawl symptoms just as benzos can.  I've put a link below for you to the Z-drug withdrawl support group:

Z-drug Withdrawal Support Group

Take your time and get familiar with this site.  There is a a lot of helpful information here and the members are kind and supportive.  When you feel ready, you can start a thread.  Let us know how we can help you.

Best,

Kate

Z-drug Withdrawal Support Group