Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need advice quick on V and melatonin

[Re...]

Hey,I just took a 10mg Valium tonight. I am c/o from K to V. Just in case I can’t sleep is it safe to take melatonin or Benadryl with this?

Redbird Flies 🌹

Redbird, I take melatonin with mine.  I only take 1.5 mgs and usually not very often.  I am pretty sure people also use Benadryl, but only a few days at a time, then take a break, or your body gets use to it.  If you go to the search engine under your avatar and put each one in, I am sure you will find lots of information.  Good luck  :).  Mary

Redbird, I took both melatonin and Benadryl on my taper. You need to take Melatonin a few hours before you want to sleep -- it works better that way. And as Mary says, a small dose is best. I took 1 mg. As for Benadryl, yup, it stops working after a bit. So you need to have Plan B in mind. There are a couple of insomnia threads on here that have lots of info.

Half a 25 mg tab of Unisom Sleep Tabs worked well for me also. But it too, stops working. A double strength cup of camomille tea worked best of all, I found.

:smitten:

Katz

Thanks guys! I took melatonin and Benadryl last night  with the Valium and slept much better!

Redbird Flies

How does Melatonin "feel"? Its part of my newest protocol. Its only given by prescription here so I dont know what dosage I will get, but I might cut it in a million pieces and start with the lowest dosage I can make. Thats why I ask - do I have to feel something, like, will I become sleepy or calm ... can someone tell me more about that?

Thanks in advance

Margiold

How does Melatonin "feel"? Its part of my newest protocol. Its only given by prescription here so I dont know what dosage I will get, but I might cut it in a million pieces and start with the lowest dosage I can make. Thats why I ask - do I have to feel something, like, will I become sleepy or calm ... can someone tell me more about that?

Thanks in advance

Margiold

I usually take mine only if I wake up and am worried about going back to sleep.  So, all I really know is it helps me sleep.  :(.  Sorry, not much help.    :smitten:

Marigold, I take 5mg and it just makes me start to feel sleepy but it does take about an hour for it to kick in. It may make you feel dopey in the morning but that will go away the longer you take it.

Redbird Flies

Marigold, I take 5mg and it just makes me start to feel sleepy but it does take about an hour for it to kick in. It may make you feel dopey in the morning but that will go away the longer you take it.

Redbird Flies

Do you feel like it puts you into a deeper sleep than without it?

Thank you for your answer

sleepy or calm

Yup. That's the way it made me feel. It just eased me into sleep. Nothing dramatic. I took 1 mg.

Hope this helps,

Katz

sleepy or calm

Yup. That's the way it made me feel. It just eased me into sleep. Nothing dramatic. I took 1 mg.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Okidoki. I will know what my body does when I swallowed it ;D

Thank you :smitten:

I had a few "go to sleep" CDs that helped me very much also. When I turned off my light after reading, I turned on my CD player. Ahhhhh . . . familiar voices. Soothing. It was as if they were reading me a bedtime story. That helped me also. Brother . . . I became a "sleepologist". (I'll let you know the names of the sleepy CDs if you like).

Sweet dreams, gals.

:smitten:

Katz