Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Right pec/chest twitching and pulsating?

[Re...]

Over the last few days I’ve noticed my right pec/chest area twitching and pulsating for like 5-10 seconds every few hours. Never happens on the left.

Does anyone else have this? This might have nothing to do with benzo, but just started to happen randomly. Doesn’t hurt just feels weird. Is this the heart, where would I feel the heart?

Should I be concerned or just a muscle twitch?

How long have you been off?

Muscle twitching is very common. I have them every day and they happen every few minutes. I'm 11 months off.

Majority of mine are on left side of my body, but really can get them anywhere.

Over the last few days I’ve noticed my right pec/chest area twitching and pulsating for like 5-10 seconds every few hours. Never happens on the left.

Does anyone else have this? This might have nothing to do with benzo, but just started to happen randomly. Doesn’t hurt just feels weird. Is this the heart, where would I feel the heart?

Should I be concerned or just a muscle twitch?

Muscle twitches, pulsating feeling are very common symptoms in withdrawal but also just symptom of over use or anxiety. It is uncomfortable and concerning but usually harmless. The context of your symptoms are important of course. When you visit a doctor they always look at your risk factors, symptoms, your medication use, your age etc. and in that context they can diagnose you or send you for further work up. If the context is benzodiazepine withdrawal and you are otherwise healthy you should not be concerned about the muscle twitches they will resolve, also they can show up in different areas on the body. Common since benzodiazepines have muscle relaxant effects and as the medication decreases in your body the muscles may tighten etc.

The heart does not really twitch, you would feel palpitations especially when you are trying to relax before bedtime mostly somewhere on the left side to mid line.