Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Been benzo free for a year

[Ca...]

It was a year on April 22 that my nightmare began. It's a lot better than when I started but I'm dealing with all the problems of being stuck in the house for a year , losing all my work , losing all my friends and losing my girl friend of 3 yrs after she just ghosted me one day about 2 months into it. Dealing with mostly depression and in need of some friends and people to talk to. Thank you

Hello Cardsfan, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

It's great to hear you're benzo free, but I can see you're still dealing with the fallout, it takes way too long to be free from the symptoms.  We'll be happy to support you as you recover from this nightmare, so feel free to start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board, there you'll find others who know what you're going through.

What benzo were you on, did you do a slow taper?  It would help us to know these things so we can figure out where you are in this process, hopefully you're on the downhill side of this nightmare.

Make yourself at home.  :)

Pamster

It was a year on April 22 that my nightmare began. It's a lot better than when I started but I'm dealing with all the problems of being stuck in the house for a year , losing all my work , losing all my friends and losing my girl friend of 3 yrs after she just ghosted me one day about 2 months into it. Dealing with mostly depression and in need of some friends and people to talk to. Thank you

Welcome to BenzoBuddies Cardsfan!

Glad to hear that you feel better now than when you started, that means improvement! Your story sounds so familiar as I am dealing with losing my friends, unable to date due to my inability do leave the house. Lost my work because of my worsening symptoms. Most of my friends do not understand what is going on with me but honestly it really sounds crazy what benzodiazepine withdrawal do to a person, I do not blame them. Your BenzoBuddies could be helpful to find understanding support you need to fully recover. You can learn about how your BenzoBuddies deal with Depression. Please share your journey, experiences and ask questions from those who are going through the same changes as you do. I very much hope that this difficult time will pass quickly for you and you come out of this better and stronger than ever.

Thank ya'll for the replies and accepting me into the community. I've been coming to this forum for a while and reading the success stories have given me hope and understanding that what Im going through is normal and that it will get better. I have a hard time writing my thoughts down and misspell words alot. I'm depressed about not having friends but can't bring myself to talk to them cuz I have trouble coming up with anything to say. I'm hoping that gets better and I'm hoping that coming here and talking will get my mind working again. I was on 1/2mg  klonipin a day for 15 yrs and various anti depressants. I decided to quit when my dr started giving me trouble about my prescription. I had quit opiate pain meds 10 yrs earlier and figured it was the same and I was sooooo wrong. I never researched it or anything. After 2 wks of taper I ended up in the hospital and they detoxed me in a week. That's NOT the way to do it! I can't believe what I ve been through this last year and feel for anyone going through this. 

I'm so glad you're here now, I was like you I read the success stories over and over but as I've said here many times, I didn't believe real people had written them until I wrote mine. 

It's tough to talk to family and friends about this because it's too crazy, no one gets this, not even the medical professionals we look to for help.  I'm sorry you were detoxed that way, I quit cold turkey so I know how you felt and still feel.

You're going to get through this, and we'll help you.  Just learn all you can because the more you know, the less you'll fear.  :smitten: