Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Veteran - On Klonopin 22 years

[en...]

I was on klonopin for 22 years, prescribed by Department of Veterans Affairs for PTSD from Gulf War I. Cold Turkeyed three times by the VA. Now off 30 months, since September 2017. Windows and waves are still very much a part of my life. Never give up!

Hello enlight2019,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies and thank you for your service. 

You were on klonopin, a very strong benzo, for many years. It's completely unacceptable that the VA would stop you cold turkey from klonopin.  Their mandate is to help our veterans, not put them in a position to suffer withdrawal symptoms due to a faulty method of discontinuing these types of drugs.

30 months off is a good time away from benzos but sometimes healing takes much longer than we would like. I like your attitude though, Never Give Up! That will help you through this process, one which requires patience and acceptance.'

The fact you are having windows does point to some good healing. I'm glad you've joined the forum, we'll support you as you continue your recovery. We understand what you are going through. 

I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can post and receive feedback from others.  We're here for you, let us know how we can help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

pianogirl  :)