Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pookietwo

[po...]

I have completed my taper to get off of Ativan. I have taken it daily for twenty years. I am still having symptoms and would like to educate myself to the best of my ability by seeing what others are experiencing.

[31...]

Hello Pookietwo and welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Way to go on completing your Ativan taper.  That is huge!!  Yes, symptoms can last after tapering so I've put a link to the post-withdrawl recovery support forum below:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

I've also put a link below to the success stories forum.  It has sustained many of us BBs through tapering and withdrawl:

Success Stories

Most people can expect a full recovery from benzodiazipine use so there is hope for all of us.  Have a look around, get familiar with this site and when you feel ready, you can start a thread.  It would be helpful if you could let us know what sort of symptoms you are struggling with.  We are so glad you came aboard!  Let us know how we can help.

Best,

Kate

I have completed my taper to get off of Ativan. I have taken it daily for twenty years. I am still having symptoms and would like to educate myself to the best of my ability by seeing what others are experiencing.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies Pookietwo!

It is so great to hear that you have already finished your taper from Ativan after using it for twenty year! Very inspiring! Yes, it is common that people still experience withdrawal symptoms weeks or even months after completing their taper and it is comforting to hear from others sharing the same journey.

I found  The Ashton Manual very helpful to learn more about benzodiazepines and withdrawal from them. Please look into it as it is an excellence source of accurate, relevant, empowering information. Looking forward to hear from you! Please share your thoughts and experiences with your BenzoBuddies.