Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How can I be suffering for several hours, and then it goes away?

[...]

I have had very moderate symptoms since Sunday afternoon until this afternoon. Then I just start to feel fine for several hours and the symptoms come right back! Has this happened to anyone?

Sandy

Hi sjs,

Yes, it sounds like a short window followed by a wave.  It's so hard to get hit by a wave after a window - it feels so unfair, like having the rug ripped out from beneath you.  But it's the pattern withdrawal often takes.  Have you read this? Four Phases of Withdrawal

I'm sorry you're going through some rough symptoms.  You're still pretty early in your withdrawal - you have a lot of healing behind you and more to go.  The way to get through it is self care and distraction, taking the best care of yourself, find new ways to cope with anxiety, and activities to absorb your attention, take your mind off the symptoms as much as possible.  Time passes more quickly that way and healing takes time.

Take care,

Brighterday

Hi SJS,

I experience this quite often.  Wake up fine, then a wave hits around lunch.  Or wake up feeling terrible, but then fine a few hours later.

At three months out, all symptoms are much weaker.  The waves are still frustrating, but manageable for the most part. 

Sjs,

I've experienced the "hour by hour" changes too. So strange, but yet so normal in our situation:)