Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Blood drawn

[CM...]

Friday I got a bunch of blood drawn. About 10 vials. I have felt absolutely awful since. Like I’m back in acute. What about getting bloodwork done would cause this? It’s definitely what causes it bc I felt terrible the minute I was done. I had no anxiety about getting it done. I was fine.

I had my blood drawn a lot during withdrawal and recovery. My doctor was very supportive of me and didn't doubt withdrawal but did want to check for possible other issues. I didn't every have an ill effect from the blood draw.

Friday I got a bunch of blood drawn. About 10 vials. I have felt absolutely awful since. Like I’m back in acute. What about getting bloodwork done would cause this? It’s definitely what causes it bc I felt terrible the minute I was done. I had no anxiety about getting it done. I was fine.

Anything done on your body feels weird and has an effect in withdrawal, at least this was my experience. If they take a lot of blood I still feel horrible the next day and my nerves are on the edge. you will feel better soon..

CMZ:

I am always nervous about getting blood drawn, and nowadays I wouldn’t want to go into any medical facility.  I’m not due for any bloodwork until late summer, so I will have to see how I feel.

How are you doing otherwise?

It definitely did something to me. My body is just so sensitive right now. Maybe it was the alcohol swab they used. I’m not sure. But I’ve been in an awful wave since.

I was doing so well before then.

CMZ...how much blood did they take? I'm just thinking, pre benzo if I had a lot of blood drawn (like may vials) I would feel bit off. Your body has to replace what was taken. So even though its not super invasive, we're still sensitive to so much and maybe thats just all it is.

But then it might just be a complete coincidence, and you just happened to be heading into a wave - blood draw or not.

Don't spend too much time analyzing it. Sometimes I still want to overthink things. put the energy towards healing:)

You will "do well" again. 3 days ago I felt like hell. today I was far more functional. you got this  :thumbsup:

CMZ:  You will get another window, you just have to have faith.  You made it this far, so you have what it takes to push forward with your healing.

Trina is right, avoid the temptation to over analyze things, it will just make you feel worse.