Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What clonazepam dose to quit?

[be...]

At what dose can you stop benzos, clonazepam in particular?  If you did, what dose did you stop?  How do you know when to stop?

.0125 mg of K is the equivalent of .5 mg V and the “recommended” stopping dose. That said, if you don’t feel ready at that point, it doesn’t hurt to keep tapering down lower. I have several friends that have or are tapering all the way to zero.

I believe that clonazepam .025 mg is equivalent to .5 mg diazepam. The suggested stop dose for clonazepam is .025. 

Follow symptoms.  Take time.  Level out as best you can between cuts, giving 10 days each time.  Or more time if needed.

I believe that clonazepam .025 mg is equivalent to .5 mg diazepam. The suggested stop dose for clonazepam is .025. 

Follow symptoms.  Take time.  Level out as best you can between cuts, giving 10 days each time.  Or more time if needed.

You’re right, I divided by 2 after dividing .5 by 20. 😂 So .0125 is equivalent to .25 mg of Valium.

.25 is a high dose to jump from.  This would be risky for many people.  A lower jump dose is recommended.  The fall out of realizing it’s too high is just not worth it.  I’m at .0625.  I reduced to .050 and withdrawal began intensely within 48 hours.  I am back to .0625 and will go all way down to zero.