Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Vanilla extract

[Go...]

I had pancakes with vanilla extract in it. Does the alcohol evaporate out with cooking it? I have no idea what I am reacting too anymore. I’m trying to pinpoint triggers.

Google tells me most of the alcohol cooks out of vanilla extract.  So it seems like if you ingested any with your pancakes it was probably minuscule.  Some people cook with vanilla bean rather than the extract - so that's an option if it feeds into your anxiety. 

There's a lot of debate about triggers - I personally think there are triggers, like pushing yourself too hard, exercising too hard, too much sugar or caffeine, too much stimulation or stress, and drinking alcohol.  But  I don't think symptoms are always the result of triggers - instead, symptoms are the natural manifestation of our brains healing.

Take care,

Brighterday

[37...]
Much of the alcohol should evaporate - and - you're probably using so little extract that the alcohol doesn't matter anyway. 

I had pancakes with vanilla extract in it. Does the alcohol evaporate out with cooking it? I have no idea what I am reacting too anymore. I’m trying to pinpoint triggers.

Most of us have spent a lot of time trying to pinpoint triggers. It’s a logical thing to do eh? Also it’s a massive timewaster because these symptoms come randomly and so linking them to whatever you did last is generally fruitless.

There are some more accepted triggers though as Brighterday says and alcohol is definitely one of them. Personally I’d avoid anything with alcohol in it. Why take the risk, we’re not short of food options these days are we?

G

Had flap-jacks with vanilla today, no reaction. I’ve been having flap-jacks from 3 months out. I highly doubt it will give a reaction.