Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Woke up and benzo terror/panic/tinnitus/pain was gone.

[Ju...]

I had just posted yesterday about how I decided I was going to stop taking my barbituate because I felt like it was contributing to benzo withdrawal or holding me back on progress healing. So I had a really hard time yesterday, I had to deal with both withdrawal at the same time, and last night I kept waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I was choking and coughing and having really extreme dreams.

And then I drank some water and went back to sleep until about 7. And then I woke up and all I did was open my eyes and I didn't have that really warm Panic anxiety feeling in me like normal, and I didn't have the terror and extreme ringing in my ears, everything wasn't all blurry and I didn't feel like I was dying for once. I just thought I was having a dream or that I was half awake and that I tried to go back to sleep.

So then I just kept lying there and nothing was happening and I didn't feel like I was asleep or tired or even going to sleep. So then I opened my eyes again and realized I just wasn't having physical symptoms anymore. I mean I still have a little bit of leg burning and some bad anxiety, but not the extreme Terror. And it's not a panic feeling, it's just a really bad anxiety feeling. So I don't feel like I'm dying, I just feel like I have really bad anxiety and my hands have lots of Tremors.

So I'm thinking what I'm experiencing right now might be the barbiturate withdrawal. I was taking it for tremor and I'm sure it probably does the opposite upon withdrawal. So right now I have some pretty bad anxiety and Tremors but I'm thinking maybe the benzo withdrawal is done with. Maybe I'm just having a window or maybe it's done.

This is the first time I've ever woken up and not had symptoms from benzo withdrawal. I'm almost at 10 months, on the 14th. So I will give it a few days and see if maybe this is just a window and not over, but I'm hoping it's over. And then I just have a little bit of barbiturate withdrawal to get through as well. And then I will be completely fine.

Oh yeah, I will still have to work on my anxiety though. I still have my underlining anxiety problem and that has to be dealt with. I have not gone outside yet so I will post progress.

It 's great to see how positive you are through all of this Justin

What a feeling it must have been, not to have woken with the morning terror that so many of us are familiar with, and the intense tinnitus

Yes there is  a difference between that and anxiety. 

I know how to live with being anxious when in a situation that warrants it  , but the daily waking kind that for me lasts all day is a different breed

I do hope it has now gone for you for good,,  but I can see that you also accept it might be window, and you are waiting before you say for certain

I wish I could bottle you acceptance of this  journey and belief in your healing, I could certainly use it at this point,

I am really glad that you are seeing progress,

Thanks guys. Most of my terror is gone, now it is mostly extreme anxiety. So for all I know the benzo withdrawal could be gone and I'm just experiencing barbiturate withdrawal. I don't really know anymore which is why I got off of them. I didn't want to be guessing every day.

I was taking primidone, which has phenobarbital as a metabolite. I was taking 150 mg per day and I stopped abruptly. But I'm fine, just lots of anxiety and stuff like that. Hopefully I will be better in the next couple months completely, it's hard to say.