Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Barbiturate withdrawal vs. Benzo withdrawal symptoms

[Ju...]

So I just quit my barbituate last night and this morning was pretty rough and I had horrible anxiety and panic symptoms the whole day. But now I'm feeling a little bit better and it's only been 24 hours. So I don't know if it has even started yet or not, but I'm hoping this is the end of it.

But with the benzos, it's been 10 months and I'm still having symptoms from the Klonopin cold turkey. It's been hell on Earth.

And I don't want to jinx myself, I just think the barbiturate withdrawal was much easier than the Klonopin. If it's almost over already, I guess I got really lucky. I don't want to wake up in a few hours panicking and wishing I had not posted this. But a jinx is not going to interfere with science. I'm just trying to figure out why I don't feel withdrawal symptoms from primidone right now. The half life is almost 30 hours I think. And it has metabolites of phenobarbital so I would think I would be getting hit really hard right now but I'm not.

So I wanted to ask, has anybody else had to withdraw from barbiturates like phenobarbital or primidone before? And if so, what were your symptoms like? And how long did they last, Etc? Thanks.