Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Here's the deal,HOPE

[21...]

[21...]
I am 17 months off benzo's I have zero symptoms left but I will not write a success story until I am positive my cns is healed 100 %, I feel terrible for all of you going through the thick of it right now and I just want to give you some reassurance. I have had weeks of zero sleep, ocd, insane thoughts ,chemical anxiety, adrenaline rushes out of nowhere, wanting to jump out of my skin, jump out of my car, ideation, morning doom and gloom, bone crushing depression, afraid for everything, apathy, feeling like I could go Insane at any second, brain zaps, head pressure,tinnitus, feeling like this will never end and on and on , just terrible unspeakable things,  you all know them. I was like many of you , I was 100 % convinced I would never get better but I did, It has taken 17 months to get to that point ( way too long ) So yes any terrible weird things you feel now is withdrawal or recovery, but believe it or not, it will all go away. The only thing that got me through it was just hoping and praying that tomorrow could be better, HOPE is what kept me alive , don't loose HOPE .

I’m so happy for you bensanity!  I hope that you continue to stay symptom free and can leave this all behind you.

[3d...]

So happy for you bensanity.  Thank you for encouraging Us as you went.  Live your life!  Cease every moment of happiness you can.  You deserve it!

🙏🏼💜🏼

B

[21...]
Thanks, its time to move on and I will probably not be visiting this site much any more. I just wanted to leave a little message of hope. I guess I will leave this as my success story.

Heeey very nice!, 17 months is a relatively short time for recovery, i've seen lots of worst cases, congrats !!! :thumbsup:

[21...]

Heeey very nice!, 17 months is a relatively short time for recovery, i've seen lots of worst cases, congrats !!! :thumbsup:

Yes I agree, but 17 months is a long time in my book :) I consider myself lucky.

I am so pleased for you Ben

Yes Hope is so important.

Time for you to start enjoying life again , 

Great news

Jen

Thanks for sharing! I'm a month behind you!

Good things are coming your way !!

I certainly hope so! Seems like a lot of folks turn a corner around 17 or 18 months off. Congrats on your healing!!!

[21...]

I certainly hope so! Seems like a lot of folks turn a corner around 17 or 18 months off. Congrats on your healing!!!

As little as 2 months ago I was convinced I would always have some lingering symptoms, but that was not the case.

Bensanity - bless you!

If you are planning to break from BB for awhile, please write an official success story - you know that this thread may get lost in others, but if you make a post in success stories it is more likely to be read.

We need your story. And even if you don't feel 100 % yet, even at 90% its still a success.

I do hope you visit BB from time to time to give back. But I do know you may need to just move forward and catch up on living for a bit:)

I'm very happy for you, my recovery was about the same length of time as yours.

I'd like to second what Trina said, our members hang onto Success Stories for hope and inspiration.  Please do write a Success Story when you feel the time is right.

Enjoy your life, benzo free and healed.

pianogirl  :smitten:

As little as 2 months ago I was convinced I would always have some lingering symptoms, but that was not the case.

AWESOME!!! Thanks for keeping the hope alive!