Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Fear I have set myself back from eating some sweeties in the night ,

[ch...]

I am in a state as I woke in the night with my arms and hands ice cold, tingling and numb, this happens a lot but for some reason I felt a strong urge to eat something sweet to comfort me

Finding some old sweeties left over from Christmas, in my wardrobe I ate half a packet through the night, and now fear I have set my recovery back , which has been a hard journey as it is, 

It gave me comfort at the time but now am shivering with fear ,

It's a bad time of day for me anyway so hard to judge but I really do hope I have not done any serious damage,

These are the ingredients,  It looks  just awful but in the night I didn't read or think about it, I  just wanted the comfort and I think the sugars were doing that but wearing off fast and so I ate more

Glucose syrup, sugar, modified corn starch, gelatin, acetic acid, mineral oil, carnauba wax, natural and artificial flavours, colour (with tartrazine).

Does anyone know how long this could cause a reaction for ,

I hate this, that I cannot eat a few sweeties,  without this fear,

This is no life being old at 75 in a month , living in an area that is now the new hot spot for CVirus in the UK, the country with the worst death toll in Europe,  and almost 5 months off a drug that did nothing for me, but damage me,  ,  and I cannot eat some sweeties without this terror and fear  that is there every morning, but now even more so

Can anyone reassure me that it passes?

Sorry to appear hysterical 

Jen

Jen,

Some sweets are not going to destroy you but worrying about it may do.

Move on!

Best

G

Hi chinchuck,

I don't think having some sweets threw you into a bad wave - it's possible the sugar may have been a teeny challenge to your over sensitized system but I doubt it will last.  I know I make myself even more anxious sometimes by feeding my brain a string of anxious thoughts - and it sets up a downward spiral - so what started out as a whisper of anxiety takes me over.  If we distract ourselves and stop the tapes of anxious thinking this helps break the circuit.

I know something about the challenges of going through this as an older person, as I am one myself but you have life ahead of you.  You are still healing and you will feel better again.

Take care,

Brighterday

Hi Jen!  No, do not worry about those sweets setting you back.  Your body probably craved them because you needed some fast energy.  I know it has been a long haul but your recovery is happening ... just slowly.  Stay safe. But as the others have said, try not to worry as that is gong to deplete you more than anything else.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jen,

Don’t start worrying about food.

Ppl have healed eating nothing but jam sandwiches or fish and chips for a year.

Just eat as healthily as you can.

Only worry about it if yiu start to have specific problems with food.

As every I e has said freaking out about it is more of a problem.

It will definitely pass ,I had setback from drinking buttermilk past week. It lasted for 3 days , anything which has chances of stimulating nerve should be avoided

[4c...]
I ate sweets and sugar all the time, it was the only thing that made me feel normal sometimes , dont worry about it.