Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I Need Help ~ Crossing Over From Clonazepam Back To Alprazolam ~ Tolerance

[Se...]

Nausea has been my nemesis since before my benzo taper began in August, 2018.  I’m off alprazolam more than 6 months. I’ve been tapering clonazepam 1mg since the end of October, 2019.  It’s been a bit of a rapid taper since I’ve been so sick while on it.

I’ve had minimal sleep with overwhelming, relentless nausea. Days and nights have become absolutely unbearable. Today is no different. 

I was so desperate, in addition to my morning DLMT dose, I took a tiny piece of a clonazepam tab as a rescue dose trying to stabilize about 2 hours later. It didn’t help.  I may have to stabilize at a higher dose. I’m not sure what to do.  I’m so sick. I’m beside myself.  I took Zofran (nausea med) which does nothing but give me a headache on top of the nausea.

It sounds counterintuitive, but I’m thinking of crossing over to alprazolam.  I never felt this horrific tapering that. I never found clonazepam to be “longer acting”.  I need to make a change. I just don’t know what to do. I can’t take much more. 

The psych nurse will not prescribe benzos. I have enough alprazolam and clonazepam left over to complete a taper.

I believe I’m tolerant.  Does it apply to all benzos? 

Any suggestions, comments?

SG

💜

September,

I commented on your other thread about switching between benzos.  I think it’s a better idea to explore other options first.  A short acting benzo will not be any easier, and may not be what it used to be for you.  Caution.