Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Autoimmune disease

[Ye...]

Has anyone been diagnosed as having an autoimmune disease?

I went two months on 1-3 hours of sleep. Suffered from horrendous parathesia all over my body, extreme stress, electric shocks, adrenaline rushes from my taper these last few months.

My Dr ran some labs it came back as a 1:40 Ana positive for Lupus or drug induced Lupus. Honestly I don't know what to do because he wants me to take Prednisone.

Anyone else been diagnosed with anything and what did you do about it?

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. I was diagnosed about 6 years ago. I know that the withdrawal induced stress affecting me right now is aggravating or re-igniting my own autoimmune disease. As far as prednisone is concerned, that has its own sort of withdrawals, at least for me. I had to take that initially and hated it.

I'm taking a biologic right now. I would see if you can get on that with your doctor's help. I do believe it would feel better than getting on prednisone. However, I'm not a doctor, so I obviously can't say, but this is something that I believe would be a better course of action for you and your present situation.

I hope this helps. As for me, I'm messed up. I don't believe there is a true anti-autoimmune disease medication that can be completely effective while going through withdrawal. Our whole autonomic nervous system is debilitated and injured. Ultimately, (and this is only my belief) there's nothing we can do except take the beating and pray that it stops sooner than later. It will stop; I'm sure of that. And maybe a biologic can help in reducing flares and/or symptoms.

Fundamentally, I'm saying that I would not expect that your autoimmune disease to not flare during the course of withdrawal, regardless at to what treatment is provided medicinally. However, it is possible and something for which is worth hoping.

All the very best and wishing upon you ever improving health, always

I have been diagnosed several times with autoimmune disorder.  Steroids make my condition worse.  I see a functional naturopathic doctor who recommends diet and supplements.  Feel free to ask any other questions.

Baby Spice

What do the results mean?

A positive result on an ANA test means that antinuclear antibodies were found in your blood. You may get a positive result if:

You have SLE (lupus).

You have a different type of autoimmune disease.

You have a viral infection.

A positive result doesn't necessarily mean you have a disease. Some healthy people have antinuclear antibodies in their blood. In addition, certain medicines can affect your results.

If your ANA test results are positive, your health care provider will likely order more tests, especially if you have symptoms of disease. If you have questions about your results, talk to your health care provider.

I had a high positive ANA screening test.  Docs should always run more specific tests then to find out why the ANA is positive.  I then went to a Rheumatologist and she took 8 tubes of blood and ran a million other antibody tests.  I have a positive Anti-Beta 2 Glycoprotein 1 antibody which is a procoagulant antibody. She diagnosed me with Lupus.  Then a Hematologist looked over all my medical records and diagnosed me with Thrombophilia--at risk of stroke or MI.  I have the APS blood type Lupus.  I believe it's drug-induced Lupus from my damaged cells.