Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Back, muscle, and neck pain

[Ol...]

Ive had lower back and leg pain for almost a year now. My Chiro told me 3 months ago it was because my legs were different lengths after what i thought was a minor fall last year. Its been relatively minor (x-rays and MRI were normal). In the last few months the back pain has been a dull achy, tightness across my gluteous and back muscles going up alongside my spine. My back and neg muscle are tender to pressure and I think that is where a lot of my headaches are coming from. I ve been doing a massage once a week and a Chiropractic adjustments but no relief, even worse (I have been tapering off of Valium very slowly, down to 7 mg). In addition my chest tightness feels like an elephant sitting on my chest but some meditation has helped that.

Does anybosy have a similar experience with this type of pain or how to deal with it??! I ve tried heat, ice, meditation, chiro.... I even considered getting one of those Chirp things because IM so desperate (https://gochirp.com/collections/lower-back/products/chirp-wheel-plus-product?variant=27914500079639) , even laying down or sitting up is painful. :( 

My back muscles are so tight they are forcing my sound to blown out because it can’t lengthen.

My glutes ate rigid like lacross ball rubber right across out from the sacrum and agonising to sit or lie on, my low back os bending back when had surgery that lead to diazepam back in 2001.

At waist level my lower thoracic spine is forced forward and for I g and twisting ribs out,

Shoulders are forced up and forward and are rigid - have fused T2/3. Neck so tight pulling head back. Jaw light hard gristle that snaps shut when try to open it and pulls into sides of head, face feels crushed, abdomen rigid and had tight knots that are pulling and twisting, hips aging, in front of hips rigid and pulled tight.

Am re-tapering after reinstated for 2nd time last year because muscles unbearable.

As get lower get to point where there is literally no position that is bearable at all.

Can’t lie on back at all, sides are agony in hips, ribs, legs, shoulders, neck, face.

Front to painful  in pelvis and ribs.

Soon will be back to point where legs go rigid as well.

All my muscles atrophied very fast in 2018 and what is left has turned to hard fibrotic gristle - like hard rubber. It all twists and pulls on joints like yanking them out of place.

Tried everything. Nothing helps and now so sensitised can’t take any pain killers, muscle relaxants, supplements etc.

Massage, myofascial release, chiro, osteopath, physio, etc nothing helps.

Tried to stretch, tried to do yoga and Pilates etc first 2 times as went down, still ended up in unlivable place.

Know ppl that have been stuck lying on side in agony for mnths or years. Others that had it but it let go after a year or so, others that were lucky and it improved sooner.

It is good your MRI etc is clear. That means it is all WD and should get better.

Worst thing I ever did was try to get off of 20 years diazepam taken for spinal/muscle problems.

Hell!

Ive had lower back and leg pain for almost a year now. My Chiro told me 3 months ago it was because my legs were different lengths after what i thought was a minor fall last year. Its been relatively minor (x-rays and MRI were normal). In the last few months the back pain has been a dull achy, tightness across my gluteous and back muscles going up alongside my spine. My back and neg muscle are tender to pressure and I think that is where a lot of my headaches are coming from. I ve been doing a massage once a week and a Chiropractic adjustments but no relief, even worse (I have been tapering off of Valium very slowly, down to 7 mg). In addition my chest tightness feels like an elephant sitting on my chest but some meditation has helped that.

Does anybosy have a similar experience with this type of pain or how to deal with it??! I ve tried heat, ice, meditation, chiro.... I even considered getting one of those Chirp things because IM so desperate (https://gochirp.com/collections/lower-back/products/chirp-wheel-plus-product?variant=27914500079639) , even laying down or sitting up is painful. :(

It sounds like you may have SI joint dysfunction? Have you tried an SI joint belt or Kinesio taping for that area? SI joint dysfunction does not show up on an MRI. Sometimes Cold laser therapy for low laser level therapy can be helpful for inflammation and muscle spasms in the neck and back. Some chiropractors offer this treatment. It’s important to use cold laser. I’ve used it in the past with moderate success but not since I’ve started to withdraw again. Another thing that has worked on my muscle tightness is GUA SHA. You can purchase the tool online but will need help with someone scraping your back. It helps to relieve tightness. Peppermint oil I also find to be helpful temporarily. I have the same problems and I know it’s agonizing that’s why I held for long periods. I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome so the withdrawal really takes a toll on my muscles. I hope you get some relief soon.

Best,

Sun