Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

It's been awhile...lets post some positive experiences...:)

[tr...]

It's so easy to get wrapped up in what not going right. I was wondering if anyone had something positive that's happened lately they'd like to share?

Sometimes we have to push ourselves to see the good bc the bad wants to drown out everything else.

I'll start. We're moving in a few weeks, but at the new place there letting us bring in stuff a bit early bit by bit because the place is already empty. This is going to make the transition so much less stressful. So grateful for this. Also today I was able to have an outdoor distance visit with a friend. This was nice bc its been a bit lonely the past couple days.

I have had a full week of windows.I am practicing living post benzos because I'm leaving this experience behind.Time waits for no one....Plus my first month I didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms.

Took a long walk outside today in a very stormy weather but the rain did wait to fall until I was back home ;D

I have been in a depressed mood the last 2 days because of the lockdown and could not really motivate myself to do something good and as I left the house my mood was horrible, but after the walk it was better..

I have been sleeping better the last couple of days.. -well actually nights for a change... :)

Oh, and I finally cleaned the microwave..!!

Perhaps I should have kept some of the fuzzy growth incase I catch the COVID Plague...

:)

The early winter mornings have been spectacular.. mountain tops like little islands above the clouds, and I can FEEL the colours and natures energy..

-Reminds me of my first little window. -way back when...

After a long drought here in Australia, I have been waiting to see some deer.. Little Bambie’s are a sign that all is well in my world...

:)

I had a nice conversation with the UPS Delivery lady, a yong black women who has 4 children. She wants to becoine an RN, but of course, schools are closed due to covid. We shared a lot, and I gave her some good advice and she gave me some! She told me Unemployment forms (paper ones) are available at our Up Center, a super cheap grocery store. I wanted to hug her for this information!

I was standing outside a little while ago. Its about 89 degrees., Bearable for Florida. I heard the birds singing and trilling. I slowly relaxed a bit.

Because hair salons are not open, I had to trim my own hair. I hope I didnt do really bad at this! I tried to be very careful and not lop too much off like I did a couple days ago1 LOL!

No matter where you live, there is beauty and majesty if you choose to see it.

east :) :)

Good stuff guys!....Keep it coming!

Sometimes we have to "find" the good in the day. But it is there somewhere. ( I too need this reminder sometimes:))

This is a great idea. When I started by blog, which I haven't posted on in years, it's now buried deep in the bowels of the Blog board, I decided I had to start my post with a positive. Sometimes the best I could do was to say I got out of bed and got dressed. But it was my positive for the day.  It helped me to veer away from complaining about the symptoms and find something  positive about my day.

Keep it going!

PG  :smitten:

A couple of day this past week I felt great. Like I was fully healed. I know I’m not but it gave me hope that it will happen .

Gosh...this is a tough one.  The last few years have been nothing but positive.  W/d survival makes you so grateful for everything. I hope that doesn’t change as the years continue...

[f1...]
I'm healthier than I have ever been. Even though this is the worst experience ever, I am eating healthier, drinking more water, exercising and never drinking or taking drugs again. I'm learning how to take care of me, and without this experience I would have never learned any of this.

Almost 9 months off of a cold turkey and although I still have plenty of bad days, I also have great moments within those bad days. I can enjoy my kids and my husband. Things are very , very slowly coming back together. I hope to one day say I am healed 100 percent .

I am a mental health therapist and had been studying for my second round of board exams before all the benzo stuff. The exam is very difficult and has a high fail rate. Through this past 14.5 months of withdraw I somehow managed to study. Some days my brain was just dead and dumb. I stared at the 600+ pages I needed to learn and that's all I could do. Somehow, through the grace of God, I did it. I went on Wednesday this last week at 7:00 am (a.m!!!! WORST time of day for me is mornings) and I PASSED!  I DID IT!

Also, I had a good day yesterday where I helped assemble my kids above ground pool I bought and then I stained my flagstone patio. I was out in the sun ALL DAY and I'm never usually functional all day so that was huge.

I am so so so grateful for these moments that I never would have thought twice about before.

I am nowhere near healed. Not even close. But there are moments, albeit small on some days, that I actually feel like a human being again and that my friends is an amazing feeling.

I totally loved reading everyones positive moments! I want to add that I'm finally feeling JOY again!!! I jumped 2 months ago and to get such wonderful moments of happiness & joy has truly helped me believe I will one day be healed with patience and acceptance. :smitten:

I am a mental health therapist and had been studying for my second round of board exams before all the benzo stuff. The exam is very difficult and has a high fail rate. Through this past 14.5 months of withdraw I somehow managed to study. Some days my brain was just dead and dumb. I stared at the 600+ pages I needed to learn and that's all I could do. Somehow, through the grace of God, I did it. I went on Wednesday this last week at 7:00 am (a.m!!!! WORST time of day for me is mornings) and I PASSED!  I DID IT!

Also, I had a good day yesterday where I helped assemble my kids above ground pool I bought and then I stained my flagstone patio. I was out in the sun ALL DAY and I'm never usually functional all day so that was huge.

I am so so so grateful for these moments that I never would have thought twice about before.

I am nowhere near healed. Not even close. But there are moments, albeit small on some days, that I actually feel like a human being again and that my friends is an amazing feeling.

Congratulations!!! Well done :thumbsup:

I woke up this afternoon at 3 pm. I had slept for 16 hours in a row, and I had the funniest dream ever. I have always loved to dream and to sleep deeply and that dream had 3 parts, I woke up between part 1 and 2, went to the bathroom, then back into my bed and I was lucky the house was quiet so I could fall back into my slummer and dream part 3 :laugh:

I started this thread bc I'm in a wave..I needed to hear positives - so thanks to all who responded.

Today I can post a positive. In the midst of this wave, I had to sit down with my teen to help with his math bc his grades dropped a bit.

Here's the positive..I actually figured out the math problems..its algebra. I usually suck at algebra. Somehow my brain figured out the formulas and eureka! It worked. I feel like a freakin' genius right now:)

I could not have done that at all last month and definitely during the past year. My cognition would have been too foggy or my coping skills would have been non-existent. 

I am so grateful for these moments that show me progress is happening.

Thank you, Marigold.  And that dream you had sounds incredible. Glad you were able to sleep so long!

I started this thread bc I'm in a wave..I needed to hear positives - so thanks to all who responded.

Today I can post a positive. In the midst of this wave, I had to sit down with my teen to help with his math bc his grades dropped a bit.

Here's the positive..I actually figured out the math problems..its algebra. I usually suck at algebra. Somehow my brain figured out the formulas and eureka! It worked. I feel like a freakin' genius right now:)

I could not have done that at all last month and definitely during the past year. My cognition would have been too foggy or my coping skills would have been non-existent. 

I am so grateful for these moments that show me progress is happening.

ILOVEMATH!!!! :smitten:

Its a good sign your brain can do it! :thumbsup: Really a good and great sign!

Thank you, Marigold.  And that dream you had sounds incredible. Glad you were able to sleep so long!

Yeah. And now I feel like "jet lag" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

From time to time, I allow myself to do that. It feels like a brain reset afterwards.. and a bit like:  :crazy:

I want to say I'm maybe 80% healed. I haven't had any brutal waves since February. Some symptoms still remain (skin issues, vision problems, headaches/migraines, mild tinnitus) but it all feels very manageable. I am starting to believe the success stories more and more in addition to those who simply "move on" and don't post anymore after they heal. I notice that in long windows, I don't feel a need to check this forum or make any new posts. I get that can be alarming to people who don't believe in healing, but the more healed I feel the less compelled I am to be here.

Loving this positive trend on this post!! Great idea! It's spring in Ohio. I'm a year post Ativan and a severe reaction to Reglan. I am so grateful for how far I've come. Last summer was a painful blur. I am so looking forward to this summer.

The birds singing every morning now sounds like pure heaven. The flowers, the trees, the fresh cut grass oh so delightful. It feels like a natural high. I'm taking more frequent and longer walks minus the pain and suffering I had months ago.

Recovering and improving feels like a vibrant new world and an appreciation for everything that is almost indescribable. I feel like I have new "gifts" of enlightenment and strength that I earned from my wisdom I gained from the withdrawal experience.

Last summer I felt like I was not going to live until Christmas. Now I am looking forward to buying kayaks with my husband to enjoy a nice laid back river right by our home.

I have to post a new development. First I'll be honest and got hit hard with a physical wave lately that has let up a bit. BUT...

I have had to sleep with ear plugs for over a year because of sleep disturbance...noise would wake me so easily. But in the past 4 days I have been able to sleep without them! this is huge for me. Funny thing is it happened accidentally. I was so physically wiped four days ago I fell asleep before even putting them in my ears. then the next day I was like..."lets see if we can do this again?". It took me a bit longer to settle, but I did eventually sleep and stay asleep:)

Sp grateful for this small but significant change.

Sorry bout the wave Trina. Ka-trina and the waves. remember that band? :thumbsup: LOL I would like to give a huge shout out to the people around me (husband especially) that have put up with the midnight vomiting, the 2 am freak outs and the general I'm not the same person you married, the I'm going to die speeches, the I think I need the hospital debates at 6am, and crying jags for no reason. You fell in love with THIS?? I feel terrible all the time. I am trying to fake it til I make it for my husband now. UUUUHHHGGG!! >:D

Killianne - loved the funny-but-not-funny description of the spouse interactions!! Perfectly said. I feel like you may have been listening in at my house the last month. 😉 Everybody hang in there - we’re getting there!

Trina - thank you for your positive posts even on hard days! You are helping me so much.

I'm trying to work on myself and become healthier also. Things are much better from a mental standpoint today than it has been for these past few months but I've neglected my body and gained some weight from the antidepressants I was taking. But im tapering off that and put a plan in place to start walking and slowly ease into doing more cardio to get back in shape physically and im getting back into some of my old hobbies like gaming and reading...none of this seemed even remotely possible 2 months ago so im taking it as a positive. Its hard to remind myself that progress is slow and patience is key but this whole ordeal has really humbled me and im trying to be grateful for that!