Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is this normal?

[Av...]

I think about withdrawal 24-7. Like it’s always on my mind. Either I’m reading success stories, going to Baylissa’s site, talking to someone about symptoms, worried about symptoms, worried about going back to work because of symptoms, worried about waking up tomorrow and what I will feel like, etc. etc. Or is this just me. Today is the first day of the 8th month off of the AD and and about 7.5 months from last benzo....

Yes, this is very, very common, but you should try to focus on other things.  I played a lot of Freecell and Slot Machines (not for real money) on my ipad during that period in my recovery. Also walking and being outdoors helped.  I also played Forge of Empires which always has something that needs to be done and helped to take my mind off things.  It is a very low stress game.

I think about withdrawal 24-7. Like it’s always on my mind. Either I’m reading success stories, going to Baylissa’s site, talking to someone about symptoms, worried about symptoms, worried about going back to work because of symptoms, worried about waking up tomorrow and what I will feel like, etc. etc. Or is this just me. Today is the first day of the 8th month off of the AD and and about 7.5 months from last benzo....

This is so easy to do but it will hinder your recovery. Do your best to distract away from it. The more you see people struggling the more it will become part of you. Why not take a break from BB and all else for a month? You will get better but endless focus will not help.

Good luck

G

So normal. In a wave all I do is survive, talk about withdrawal, reach out desperately to those further along than me, obsessively phone the charities, try to get hold of Baylissa, listen to affirmations or success stories over and over and over. It’s like I’m broken. I do anything to just get me through the days and nights (which are even worse for me) and stop me hurting myself to stop the agony.

In a semi window, I feel like this distance between me and the groups. I don’t want to come on them really. I feel like they just bring me down and I don’t need to read the negativity. I take interest in normal things like riding my bike, baking, politics, TV, friends (that aren’t in withdrawal) etc etc. It just shifts so naturally as you start to heal. You don’t even think about it and you don’t even notice the change.

Right now I’m in a wave so I’m just spending all my time trying to survive and hold on.

Hi Tweed,

When I was bad the first thing I would do in the morning was go onto BB and then it would be constant all day checking if anyone had replied and seeing if anyone else had my symptoms. It was totally destructive. BB is way more useful when you are in control. Have you tried Benzofree.org? This is a positive website and will get you strengthened and then you can come back. Great book and podcast as well. My resource of choice.

P.S. avoid the doomsters, you know who they are

Try to take a break from BB. I took a break for a month and it really helped me. I was obsessed with being on here. Then I realized I already know whats wrong with me and being on here isn't going to help me heal. I'm so grateful for this forum. If it wasn't for BB I would've never known what was going on with me but reading everyone's misery was actually hurting me more. Off for a month helped me focus more on myself.

Try to take a break from BB. I took a break for a month and it really helped me. I was obsessed with being on here. Then I realized I already know whats wrong with me and being on here isn't going to help me heal. I'm so grateful for this forum. If it wasn't for BB I would've never known what was going on with me but reading everyone's misery was actually hurting me more. Off for a month helped me focus more on myself.

I’m with you 76, you are spot on.

So normal. In a wave all I do is survive, talk about withdrawal, reach out desperately to those further along than me, obsessively phone the charities, try to get hold of Baylissa, listen to affirmations or success stories over and over and over. It’s like I’m broken. I do anything to just get me through the days and nights (which are even worse for me) and stop me hurting myself to stop the agony.

In a semi window, I feel like this distance between me and the groups. I don’t want to come on them really. I feel like they just bring me down and I don’t need to read the negativity. I take interest in normal things like riding my bike, baking, politics, TV, friends (that aren’t in withdrawal) etc etc. It just shifts so naturally as you start to heal. You don’t even think about it and you don’t even notice the change.

Right now I’m in a wave so I’m just spending all my time trying to survive and hold on.

Hi Tweed,

When I was bad the first thing I would do in the morning was go onto BB and then it would be constant all day checking if anyone had replied and seeing if anyone else had my symptoms. It was totally destructive. BB is way more useful when you are in control. Have you tried Benzofree.org? This is a positive website and will get you strengthened and then you can come back. Great book and podcast as well. My resource of choice.

P.S. avoid the doomsters, you know who they are

This is word for word me. I always tell myself I need to take a break but it’s very difficult for me. Every time I think my symptom is permanent or maybe not benzo related I have to go back and make sure. I know for sure that staying here day in and day out doesn’t help though.

I experienced everything you are describing and these symptoms lessened with time.

I think it is normal to have a preoccupation with benzo withdrawal and everything surrounding it because it is such an earth shattering, bizarre, unexplainable experience.

Hang in there. It will ease with time.