Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Extreme caffeine sensitivity before this...

[Re...]

So before this whole benzo event...

I had a crazy sensitivity to caffeine. Like basically one cup of coffee and I’d be like Bradley Cooper in the movie Limitless. If I had coffee at 6AM, I’d still be hyper and feel euphoric all the way until I got home from work at 5-6PM...

No one ever believed me that I was so sensitive. Even a Diet Coke or something with chocolate would have me amped. I’d feel amazing.

Did this sensitivity cause me to be more harmed by Ativan then a normal person would?

Anyone have any insight? Just something I thought of.

I’m no expert but I don’t think it’s related. I know a few people that are super sensitive to caffeine. I think it’ll help you to not try to look at all the possibilities that could’ve caused it or contributed and instead let it just play out.i know it’s beyond difficult though.

Thanks for the reply. I just thought maybe I’m super sensitive to everything?

Is it weird that I don’t have this sensitivity now? I drank a strong cold brew today and barely felt it!?

In the past year I have been drinking coffee on a monthly basis averaging 3-4 cups each month/one cup per week. My intake does fluctuate based on how well I tolerate it. Before benzos I drank coffee daily.

What I have found is I get headaches even though I'm obviously not drinking that much.

Plus I have noticed my sleep is better about a day after drinking it. Even daytime naps occur where I will fall asleep sitting at the computer, although being fully engaged with what I'm reading on it.

I bought a coffee maker as covid was clearly going to change my weekly venture in going out for coffee. I haven't used it but three times...no more than 1 cup each time. Soon after I had a few days of great sleep. No naps in the day though, and I did suffer from headaches. I did back off from it. My plan is to try and keep at only 1 cup a week...and depending on how well I tolerate it, I may have a second cup sometime during that same week.

edit:

"before benzos".......... I should say, rather at the time I reacted to the Ambien is when I had to stop drinking coffee.

Thanks for the reply. I just thought maybe I’m super sensitive to everything?

Is it weird that I don’t have this sensitivity now? I drank a strong cold brew today and barely felt it!?

No problem. I’m the opposite. I lived off soda before and now I can’t have caffeine without sweating and trouble breathing. I had similar symptoms a couple years on benzos and thought it was a hypoglycemic attack when I had too much sugar but now I realize it might’ve been that I was on benzos too long.