Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How to maintain a high end job?

[Re...]

I’ve worked so hard the last 10 years to get to where I am now. I was #1 across a massive team last year and so far this year barely anything. I’m struggling to send emails, struggling to do deals, and I’m almost ignoring money making opportunities. I have (4) people pending just waiting on me to send them agreements to work with us. I’ve lost my pump. My drive. My energy.

I’m surviving based on my previous year MVP status but it’s all starting to catch up to me and people are questioning my low numbers this year.

Is there anything I can do? This job is my life and I don’t want to lose it. They know I’m off my game and kind, but I’m having such a hard time making decisions and “closing deals” like I used to do effortlessly.

How do I quickly get back to my old self?

I can’t even make the decision on setting up a work area here with a proper device. Using a chromebook and it’s horrible too small and too hard to do anything.

I keep forgetting to follow up with people or tasks and again can’t seem to make any decisions.

As a high performer this is killing my soul. I can’t lose this. I’m making more money than I ever dreamed of from my previous hard work.

Anyone have good insight?

Talk to your employers and your doctor. You may be able to get some time off under the Family Medical Leave act. It's up to twelve weeks for a year.

Right let me give you one peace of advise brother.Because through my suffering days I worked full time and had so much responsibility at work.

First look through your day and find when your energy levels are good.Utilise that time to the best of your ability.Quit the worrying and flow in with time. Just take each day how it comes.Another thing was trying to force myself to exercise a bit.Eat well if possible supplement but be abit careful which supplements you choose.

I found out mornings were a bit hard for me so I utilised afternoons most.

From your usage of Ativan you will be better soon though waves are trying to lie to you now that it will take long.

This process is different for everyone but honestly always walk by faith not sight......

:smitten:

Thanks for the reply. What did you mean by my Ativan use, I’ll be better soon? Just curios.

As a short term user, the one hard thing I had to learn was acceptance. When this happened, I wanted to fix it quickly so I could go back to my life. That made me go down the rabbit hole even further. I have a hectic management position and eventually I got into a bigger web with other meds and treatments. Eventually I had to stop trying to fix it quickly, let my company know I had health issues (within boundaries and what I was comfortable enough to share), and I took 3 months off work. I’m now working half days, ramping up to full days soon, luckily working from home now because of Covid. Maybe you can fake it till you make it through, but if you get to a point where you can’t, talk to your company and ask for reduced hours or time off. My company was very understanding having been a high achiever they knew it was serious. I was surprised at how much support I was given. I’m sure it will be the same for you.