Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When is it worth taking something else?

[Re...]

My anxiety and depression are almost getting to a point where I can no longer “fake it” and I’m worried very much about being a normal functioning member of society.

At what point is it worth risking to take an antidepressant or anti anxiety medication?

I’ve worked so hard to get to where I am and scared that if this keeps getting worse I won’t be able to do anything.

[82...]
I did therapy throughout my recovery to help with emotional stress.  I found it very helpful.  Is that something you're already doing?

My anxiety and depression are almost getting to a point where I can no longer “fake it” and I’m worried very much about being a normal functioning member of society.

At what point is it worth risking to take an antidepressant or anti anxiety medication?

I’ve worked so hard to get to where I am and scared that if this keeps getting worse I won’t be able to do anything.

According to Dr. Heather Ashton described in her Ashton Manual, the only time one should consider adding antidepressant during benzodiazepin withdrawal when the patient experiences depression. So I would think it is reasonable to consider antidepressant and discuss it with your doctor.