Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Valium Taper

[tr...]

I've just started a valium taper, I have been taking 10 mg x 2 per day, I have been on and off valium for about 5 years during various difficult life events.  I'm determined to taper off and I know it will take a long time.  I tapered off an SSRI I had been taking for about 9 years - it took a couple of attempts but the second attempt worked as I went much slower - that was about 10 years ago.

Welcome treeoflife! I love the name you chose:)

I'm sorry to hear of your difficult life journey and challenges with the meds. Many people successfully recover from these medications. I'm glad you found BB. You will find a lot of support here and many good resources to help you along in this journey.

You might find this board helpful: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

as well as this one: Withdrawal Support (during your taper).

The works of Dr. Ashton has helped many with their taper as well as understanding what is going on in the body during this process:

The Ashton Manual.

If you could take the time to add your info to your profile, it would be helpful for us and others who read anything you post to determine where you are at in this journey so that we can support you as best as possible. the following explains how:

Add your history/signature.

You can do this!