Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sleep erections

[st...]

I’m posting again about this symptom. Basically I get super strong erections through the night that wake me up frequently. It seems now I’ll be able to sleep around 3 hours before I’m woken up. They don’t hurt anymore but I hate waking up so many times and it makes me feel like I’m not getting any sleep. I’m scared I’ll have this forever. I found a small group on FB of men who have had something similar for years. Has anyone had this symptom go away for them?

I get this all the time. At very random times. Come when I’m having awful waves too.

I believe it’s all hormones out of balance trying to get to homeostasis.

I get this all the time. At very random times. Come when I’m having awful waves too.

I believe it’s all hormones out of balance trying to get to homeostasis.

Sorry to hear that. Do you get it during sleep as well?

Perhaps this is an obvious solution, but have you tried masturbating/dealing with it and then going back to sleep? Usually it's easier to go back to sleep after doing that. Obviously it sucks when you're not in the mood, but at least that would take care of the problem.

Perhaps this is an obvious solution, but have you tried masturbating/dealing with it and then going back to sleep? Usually it's easier to go back to sleep after doing that. Obviously it sucks when you're not in the mood, but at least that would take care of the problem.

Yes. Unfortunately it’s unrelated to sex or desire. It functions normally except when asleep. I’ll wake up 3-5 times with the erections since they’re so strong and usually last and hour or so. It’s hard to tell since I’m so tired. It only happens in my sleep and it seems to come with pain on the bottom of my feet at the same time. I wouldn’t mind them if I didn’t wake up from it.

[02...]

Some weeks ago I suggested trying to sleep in a fetal position.  Did that help?

If you wear very little clothing to bed, you might consider wearing more. 

Some weeks ago I suggested trying to sleep in a fetal position.  Did that help?

If you wear very little clothing to bed, you might consider wearing more.

Yes, I’ve tried both your suggestions and nothing seems to be helping. I did gave 1 night where I think I got 6 hours of sleep uninterrupted. I think it’s related to adrenaline or something like that. I read where it’s caused by

“Disturbances in the nervous system that lead to hyperactivity and the release of beta-adrenergic substances such as adrenaline

Neurotransmission disturbances

Damage or stimulation to the hypothalamus”

So it definitely is BenzoBuddies related. I’m just afraid it’s permanent

[02...]
I wouldn't write this off as permanent just yet.  Let yourself finish your withdrawal and recovery before deciding that you have a life-long ailment.  Also - age has a way of turning down that hormonal response.

I wouldn't write this off as permanent just yet.  Let yourself finish your withdrawal and recovery before deciding that you have a life-long ailment.  Also - age has a way of turning down that hormonal response.

I really hope it isn’t. I don’t know how I’ll cope without sleep. It’s been ongoing since stopping Clonazepam so it’s been 5 months now. I’m 27 years old. I’m not sure if you meant being older or younger.

[02...]

I really hope it isn’t. I don’t know how I’ll cope without sleep. It’s been ongoing since stopping Clonazepam so it’s been 5 months now. I’m 27 years old. I’m not sure if you meant being older or younger.

I meant that someday you'll be 60-something, and that part of your anatomy may respond er, um, 'less'.