Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New to bb

[Sw...]

I was on Xanax for 6 years and Klonopin for 24 years when I developed tolerance withdrawal and ended in the hospital twice with psychosis and i have been off Benzos for 6 months. Have cognitive issues, memory problems and tinnitus at present. Doing cognitive rehab and psychotherapy.

Welcome to BB! I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Know that your symptoms are normal in benzo recovery. Congratulations on being free for 6 months. That's quite an accomplishment!

You may find helpful our boards "post withdrawal recovery support" to post on, as well as " success stories" for inspiration.

So glad you found us!

Hi Swan44,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  Congratulations on 6 months off of benzos!  I'm sorry you're experiencing difficult withdrawal symptoms.  It can be very rough and many of us relate to those symptoms.  I'm glad you've joined the forum.  You'll find good information here and also receive support and encouragement from others who understand what you're going through.

It's good to know you're getting support with cognitive rehab and psychotherapy.  You'll learn about other tools you can add to your toolkit to help cope with symptoms.

Take your time and explore the site.  Here's a link to Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

The Ashton Manual is an excellent resource written by a leading expert on benzo withdrawal, Dr. Heather Ashton.

Other members who want to reply to your posts find it helpful to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this. 

We're glad you found us!

Brighterday  :)

I’ve had a hard time convincing doctors that you can be in withdrawal while taking a Benzo. It clearly happened to me when after 30 years of benzos they lost their effect and even after going up to the maximum dose I went into full withdrawal and ended up in the hospital. I’ve read that this is tolerance withdrawal. Ruined my life and now trying to recover off benzos 6 months.

You're absolutely right Swan44, when in tolerance you can suffer just as much as withdrawing from it, I'm so sorry you've had to suffer with symptoms as well as the lack of validation.