Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Temporary Prescription

[Sp...]

Hi,i'm 3 months into a tapering off programme (loosely using Heather Ashton method).I started attending CGL & cut from 6mg Alprazolam to 40mg diazapam per day.Obviously uncomfortable doing this but was managable & things were going well.I've always self medicated as GP & CGL won't prescribe but that wasn't a problem till recently & have never asked for a script before.I always made sure i was stocked up to continue my taper but for obvious reasons have been unable to get any for 3 weeks & am now only 4 days away from running out (thats cutting down to 30mg a day).For the past week or so i've had to ask for help getting a temporary prescription till i'm in a position to self medicate again.Neither CGL or my GP are willing to help me despite CGL contacting my GP to recomend a temporary prescription.I understand the reluctance to prescribe benzos but considering the progress i have made & letter from CGL i feel it's wrong & dangerous to make me stop suddenly (which as you know goes against all medical advice).All the phone call conversations i've had they all tell me how sorry they are but they won't prescribe Is there any advice anyone can give me or am i just going to hope for the best?Sorry for the long post but very scared about whats going to happen.Thanks.

Hi Sproston,

I'm confused so please help me understand.  Your crossed from Xanax to Diazepam and your dose was 40 mgs and now you're at 30?  Can you tell me how many pills you have left?

Pamster

I'm not sure what you mean by self medicate? Could you clarify? If you don't have a history with a doctor prescribing the drug, it might be difficult to get a new doctor to prescribe it. It's a very good time to get off these drugs as doctors hate then now. Have you had a phone consult with a psychiatrist? I would think they could help. I was in a situation once where mine took a leave of absence and left no referrals. I went to my GP but they said they couldn't prescribe it. I managed to find another psych doctor before my prescription out. I'm so glad that I am now getting off these drugs! Good luck! 

Got 120mg left so 4 days if i drop to 30mg a day.Swapped from alprazolam to diazapam as suggested the longer half life would help with the taper

I'm not sure what you mean by self medicate? Could you clarify? If you don't have a history with a doctor prescribing the drug, it might be difficult to get a new doctor to prescribe it. It's a very good time to get off these drugs as doctors hate then now. Have you had a phone consult with a psychiatrist? I would think they could help. I was in a situation once where mine took a leave of absence and left no referrals. I went to my GP but they said they couldn't prescribe it. I managed to find another psych doctor before my prescription out. I'm so glad that I am now getting off these drugs! Good luck!

Thanks,self medicating as in sourcing my own pills

Since you say you can't get anymore from your usual source (dark web) and you aren't in a position to get it from traditional sources, I'd suggest making your remaining pills last as long as you can.  This is likely to be rough but if you have no other options then this appears to be your only option.  I wouldn't just take 30 mgs for the next 4 days, it would be better to start today to reduce from 30 mgs.