Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Post-Benzo (hopefully)

[Du...]

I've peeked at BenzoBuddies for years and used it as a resource in navigating my taper.  Now, almost 3 months benzo free, I'm dealing with getting back to normal, whatever that is.  Originally prescribed klonopin about 9 years ago, switched to valium for part of my taper, then back to klonopin about 2 years ago.

Hi DunNGonnit77,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  Big congratulations on quitting benzos!  I'm glad the site has been helpful to you - it's great you've joined us!  The information and support you've found here will be even more powerful when you engage with others here,

It sounds like you did a slow, careful taper - as you know that helps minimize withdrawal symptoms.  At 3 months post jump you're probably dealing with some symptoms. 

You're familiar with the site already but please explore some more.  You may want to post on Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

Other members who want to reply to your posts find it helpful to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

So glad you're here!

Brighterday  :)

Hello,

It is so great you joined! So looking forward to hear about your experiences, insights!

I am 6 weeks benzo free after 8 years of use as prescribed and 4 months of taper due to tolerance withdrawal symptoms. Still struggling with symptoms but I try to remain optimistic.