Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Reduced my Ativan dose today! So close to jumping finally!

[Sc...]

Today I reduced my lorazepam/Ativan dose!

I can only drop by 0.125 a time, I can’t do smaller cuts than that but if I’m honest, my drops aren’t as bad as some people have to go through on here, I’m thankful for that but I do often think about you all that really have it bad 😔

Don’t get me wrong I do suffer with withdrawal and it’s quite anxiety provoking and I hate it more than anything but thankfully it could be worse.

I’m now officially as of today, taking 0.375mg a day! My last drop was 3 weeks and 1 day ago, it feels good to know I’ll be off soon!

I’m planning to continue dropping by 0.125 everytime until I’m off and praying for quick healing. My next 0.125 drop should take me to 0.25mg a day, then I’ll drop by another 0.125 and will be on 0.125mg , then I’ll hold for a short while or until I feel comfortable and will have to jump directly from 0.125, I’m praying it doesn’t get harder and praying that I can soldier through this

I know I’ve not got the easiest road ahead but I know that’s because I’ll be healing

I’m hoping because my 0.125 drops haven’t been completely horrendous that when I jump from 0.125 I won’t suffer horrifically

We will see

Good luck to you all

Sending love and healing 💖

Nicely done!! I’m right behind you...going a little slower bc of w/d symptoms. Keep up the great work and reach out if you need a cheering section! You’ve got this!!

So glad you are closer to jumping and handling the symptoms so well! Very excited to hear about your progress! Some people really do well and develop only mild symptoms after ending their taper. I know a lady, she just turned 81 and had only mild symptoms after a relatively short taper from clonazepam she took for years because of restless leg symptoms. She is 4 months off now and feeling well.

I’ve read that over 50% of people do not struggle with withdrawal and relentless symptoms when tapering and stopping benzos.  BB tends to have the harder cases, because if a person isn’t struggling, they don’t end up here.  I’ve tapered a couple of times in my life.  First taper was easy, after 9 years on clonazepam .5 once a day, I tapered in 3 months.  No problem.  This taper has been harder, but still very manageable.  It was challenging enough though, to make me say I’ll never take benzos again. 

Congratulations on getting close to being benzo free!  If you find the cuts difficult, later, it’s totally ok to make smaller cuts.  Sounds like you’re well on the way! 

I'm right here with you as well! Going to be cutting from .75>.50mg on Tuesday. Like you, I feel like I'm doing pretty well compared to many of the horror stories on here. Maybe we are the lucky 50%. Fingers crossed :)

You got this. Just bring it home!