Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

7 mo off, why is this happening?

[th...]

Hi all

I am now 7 mo off of benzos  .25 xanax for 3 years, then switched to .25 klonopin for 1.5 years

nearly 5 years total

It has been rough

I have been dealing with a number of mental and physical symptoms, until about mo 5 I was much more managable

After I started playing with some supplements and took a rescue dose of .25 xanax The last 8 weeks have been total hell

It seems the last 2 mo symptoms are out of control

- muscle tension in abdomen, sternum and parts of body are increased causign me the near constant sensation that I cannot breathe

-vertigo swaying type sensations like Im gona fall over, all new

-muscle in arms, fingers weak, twitching, sore, again all new

-inner trebling and shaking of sorts, new stuff

What the hell is going on? It feels like as time progresses im getting worse not better,,,,,,its becoming harder to do much anymore,,,,,please give me some hope with whats happening

What do you think is going on?

Thedaydreamer

I'm sad to see you haven't improved, I wish I knew what was going on with you.  I've seen it happen too many times to doubt that it's anything other than withdrawal symptoms.

I can see how discouraged you are but if this happened because of the supplements then I have to believe your body will find it's way through this.  I've seen it happen this severely when people drink alcohol too soon.  If it's not the supplements but instead the typical waxing and waning of symptoms then your only choice is wait this out.

Our best tools are distraction and time and only one of those is in your control, I'm so sorry.

Thank you

Does this really sound like the waxing and waning of symptoms, is this really possible to happen like this?

Have you seen this level of tension in someones body where they have a hard time talking?

Im waking up at 5am with breathing all out of sorts

The body has to find the way out

Thedaydreamer

I've seen members feel better a month or so after their jump but feel worse after that, so yes, I believe this is what you're dealing with.  You brought back a memory with the difficulty talking, my body would be so tensed up I had problems too, it seemed like part of that was feeling like I had no air in my lungs to expel while talking. 

Every living organism knows how to heal, this is what life is, multiplying, repairing, functioning.  Every cell in your body is working on this, doing it's job trying to repair the damage the drug did to you.  We just have to allow it the time to complete the task by giving it everything it needs, good food, some exercise, sleep if you can get it and minimal stress, again if you can do this.

Pamster

Thank you

yes, when I talk I can feel my abdomen and diaphram tense up and bloat, then I become dizzyish and out of it

How long did the feeling of not being able to breathe persist for you?

its really brutal to go from high functioning to this

Love

Thedaydreamer

I believe you read my post "Erratic, Arrythmic Breathing": I've been struggling to breathe, and talk, for four months, and it's not getting any better. So the insanity can persist. How long? Lord only knows.

Yes I did read your post,,,,we have the same set of symptoms

Heres what I think is happening

I think there is an issue with the diaphram and stomach muscles, wether its spasm or tension they are hindering the lungs, it also could be nervous system related as well

questions for you

Do you have tension is your body? tense? head or neck?

Seems to be correlation when the breathing gets bad with bloating and stuff sinus almost immieadtly, do you?