Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Horrific wave - is alcohol hand sanitiser the cause?

[7e...]

Hi

It could be possible. I noticed an uptick in some mild symptoms I have when using hand sanitiser. When I stopped using it- it went away. Ordinary hand soap is just as good to clean your hands if you can avoid anything with alcohol in it.

Shania

[ab...]

Yes you are healing, your going to have waves.  No hand sanitizer did not cause it.  Unless your drinking it.

I agree.. :smitten:

Yes you are healing, your going to have waves.  No hand sanitizer did not cause it.  Unless your drinking it.

I agree.. :smitten:

I also agree. Alcohol is volatile and most will evaporate very quickly when applied to the skin. No worries!

I hope this wave passes soon.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Tweed,

If I had the proverbial £1 for every time I had erroneously linked action A with reaction B then I would be about £100 better off. There are well-known things to avoid but do not get sucked into random conspiracy theories. I did and so some days I wore glasses instead of lenses, some days I went out in the sun and some days I didn’t and some days I had breakfast early and some days late. All tosh!! Symptoms come and go randomly I’m afraid.

Hi Tweed,

I totally get that and I’m so sorry for your situation. My first 8 months were a pig. Looking at your signature I can only think that your drug history is slowing your recovery down. I’m no doctor but there would be some logic in that. The consequence is that you have got to continue with your strength and resilience for a while longer. My improvement came out of the blue one day. Yours could come tomorrow. If it doesn’t, it might be the day after. But it is coming, so hang on as best you can. Did you ever read Sofakingdone’s four phases? If you did you may recall that she said something about avoiding chemicals and so that brings us back to the hand sanitizer doesn’t it? I still think no but why not give it a miss?

Good luck,

G

Hi Tweed,

I'm guessing that grocery shopping was stressful - grocery shopping in the midst of the current health crisis is really stressful!  I often have waves after I go through increased stress.  I'm wondering if this might be true for you too?

I hope your wave passes soon!

Brighterday