Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Good days and bad days

[pe...]

So I feel like i'm having a good day today finally after months of agonizing uncertainty. Its still hard for me to get out of my head and try to stop the negative feelings but I finally signed up for BenzoBuddies and I'm making my first post so that's something. I think sharing is definitely a good sign as I'm able to string sentences together and don't feel like my anxiety is overwhelming. It will be 2 months off Xanax for me in a few days and i'm grateful for the community. Reading about others struggles and triumphs on here has definitely helped the past few months. most of my sx's have dissipated except for lack of energy and motivation. I'm finally able to see a light at the end of this tunnel I think and I don't know if it just took time but cravings have gone down and I'm trying to spend some time building up my stamina on the treadmill and I hope this feeling continues.

Good to hear you're having a good day, those negative thoughts are awful aren't they, then top it off with a big dose of fear and it can get pretty dark. I spent a lot of time reading success stories, of course I didn't believe they were written by real people until I wrote one.

You know symptoms wax and wane right, that you might not feel so good tomorrow?  That's what's so frustrating about this process, we never know how we're going to feel one day to the next.  Most recovery with any other injury is linear, not this.  >:(

Its great to hear you're able to exercise, you need to keep your body as healthy as possible for when you can return to your life.

Peejay so glad you can post on BB! I'm almost 2 months from ativan. My days are unpredictable too right now. Keep us posted:)

Yes, unfortunately I'm making peace with the fact that this is going to be one long journey of ups and downs. The past few weeks anxiety and depression kept coming in waves and I just wasn't sure if it would ever stop! I was prescribed Lexapro a month ago and after reading some of the stories on here I figured the best method is to just go without anything and let my brain heal on its own so I stopped that too and I don't know why I didn't do anything that different today but share how Ive been feeling on here and it was like a release of sorts. I know a lot of people might be just reading the boards and maybe like me they don't realize it feels good to put yourself out there and get something out even if its just saying hello and accepting what you're going through. I don't get to discuss my situation with others and I honestly wish I started sharing a lot sooner because keeping it to myself wasn't making me feel any better. I still have a lot of anxiety when it comes to picking up the phone and talking to my friends (who've seen me at my worst and know what im going through) but it just feels strange because they never had to experience any attachment to Benzos and they don't understand why it takes so long. This is definitely the hardest thing I've ever had to go through I mean knowing how bad things can get and even after going through the withdrawals and this brain fog/lethargy/low mood I still get cravings for a pill and I can't really explain it to anyone. but here everyone gets it and just knowing that lifted my mood today! so thank you Pamster for your kind suggestion to share!!

Sharing on here helps you and others..it normalizes this crazy process. You're among friends here. Read the success stories. I find them helpful especially on bad days.

We can do this:)