Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Introduction

[ma...]

I took benzos for a few years. They stopped working for me and I decided to withdraw cold turkey.

It’s been about two months. I still have mood swings, some insomnia and my belly is often itchy. I’m also bloated all the time and constipated. Recovery is slow but definitely coming along.

What’s really been helping me is reading stories of people who made it. And also just reading about common symptoms. Knowing that a symptom is just part of withdrawal makes it easier to accept and bear it.

Hello marco31998,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! Your attitude is great and although you took the tough route, cold turkey, to stop taking benzos it seems like you are seeing some recovery. I'm very happy for you.

Yes, knowing others have walked the path to recovery really help, and acceptance is key.

Why don't you share  bit more about your benzo experience. What benzo did you take and at what dose?  We can better address your unique circumstances knowing this information.

Two months is still early days in terms of benzo withdrawal. There still might be some bumps in the road to recovery. The symptoms you describe are very common for withdrawal. Knowing that is comforting.

I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can post and receive feedback from others.  We look forward to hearing more from you, let us know how we can help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

pianogirl  :)